MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Military Shows & Events

Notices

Old 07-04-19, 14:21

Default That time of year...........

where the question is asked. What is going on for the Tulip Festival in Ottawa in May in regard to Veterans/Liberation acknowledgement ??
Is it happening? dates? location ?
Old 11-04-19, 12:21

Thanks for the confirmation Stuart, I figured that this event was on the way out after it got dispatched to Merrickville last year and out of sight out of mind for 2019.
Old 11-04-19, 23:04
Terry Warner

Default Top level Tulip Festival changes

Was speaking to a fellow who had previous employment with the Tulip Festival managers as a skilled worker. His department has been cut completely, and all the assets he would have been using were shunted off to records. An all digital management scheme - probably all the rage with the business crowd, but for him not a promising future. So, he's looking for other work.

Which leads to my confirmation observation that uniforms, smelly trucks, things that go bang (or clatter), and less opportunities for the corporate sponsorship fundraisers are likely gone until the next new 5-watt idea comes along.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!
Old 14-04-19, 04:52

Good question....good answer?

Stewart..... perhaps this could be a great opportunity for you to step forward and organize an event for those interested in attending. It would go a long long way to keep the significance of remembrance alive in that part of the province. I’m sure if you joined and even reached out to a certain provincial group or association of like minded people/similar interests, you might even get them to say it’s a sponsored event.

Thought?
C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer
Old 14-04-19, 15:01
Terry Warner

Great summarization Stuart!

For the record, the Cold War Collection (CWC) has a Quad Fifty but it is not "live 50 cals"; it is functional only as a gas firing quad! The principle and head curator are inventive and resourceful, but there are some lines not to be crossed. I have also been part of public events for VJ Day, for Peacekeepers' Day, and Army Run.

To my everlasting embarrassment (which I repeat as a lesson for others) - when driving a borrowed GPW, for example at a VJ Day event, remember that the handbrake is an umbrella handle affair up on the dash and not between the seats as might be expected. Disengage the handbrake before driving off, because the friction will start a fire with rear main oil seepage. Smoke and flames have a way of concentrating a person's attention!

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!
Old 15-04-19, 01:57

Thanks Stuart for the info of local happenings, I appreciate your putting out a list of events and think doing so helps the hobby in a big way as "passage of information" seems to be a perpetual problem with various groups. For reasons I can never figure out I know more about what is happening in the MV community in UK/Europe or the US yet closer to home less so, weird but true. Anyways ignore the messenger shooters that are out there and keep posting info and updates.