MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Restoration Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-05-19, 16:55

Default Looking for mice proof foam

Hi All

Well it is spring time and in the process of cleaning and servicing the trucks for the driving season. One of the things I check for is critter damage. Even with leaving moth balls in all of the trucks in plastic pans, still get occasional damage. Really don't like using poison give that we have quite a few Hawk, Owls that like the area and don't want them picking up a mouse that has gone outside to die.

Anyway this year it was shifter boots, the photo below is of foam block around the base of the Pat 12 C60L should be the much denser black rubber padding buy have not found a source for that. Anyway used this much less dense gray packing foam, which the mice have ignored for probably 10 years until now.
C60L Mice.jpg

As you can see I have used fabric draft boots around the starter and parking brake levers. These are out of the same Dupont Cordura fabric that I use for seat covers. So far the mice have left the Cordura alone. You can see though that the Cordura will not hold paint, the boots having been sprayed with black paint.

Oh by the way the other shift lever they chewed up was on 78 Chevy pickup. That was one of the reproduction boots from LMC.

Cheers Phil
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com