MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 29-11-06, 12:36
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Wiggles...FLASH!!!!!

Greg "Yellow" Wiggles quits group....!!!!

What are you going to do on Saturday mornings now ,Keefy..??

http://www.thewiggles.com.au/

Wiggly Woof Woof wanted me to post this message for Keefy 'cause he was worried that Keefy hasn't contacted him for the past two weeks..

Last edited by Alex Blair (RIP); 29-11-06 at 12:46.
Old 29-11-06, 19:11
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Wiggles

I was thinking of applying for the job

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern
Old 29-11-06, 22:05
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

The Wiggles are justly famous for their catchy tune "Wake up, Jeff" (Geoff), which perhaps should also be listed on the evocative music thread?
Old 30-11-06, 01:11

Default Theme song...

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Smith
The Wiggles are justly famous for their catchy tune "Wake up, Jeff" (Geoff), which perhaps should also be listed on the evocative music thread?
Tony...
Maybe a new MLU theme song...
And I don't think Keefy should apply for the "Yellow Wiggley" job..
Sounds to me like a venereal disease...
Stick to taking pictures,Keefy...
Old 30-11-06, 01:54
In Vino Veritas

Default YEA! BUT CRAP !

After being pummelled for 16 hours by a WIGGLES dvd on the drive from Smith to Edson I can't say I am sad. However, my son loves them and this may be a tragedty in the making.
Sean
M38CDN 1952
Other stuff
Old 30-11-06, 02:53

Default Re: YEA! BUT CRAP !

Quote:
Originally posted by Snowtractor
After being pummelled for 16 hours by a WIGGLES dvd on the drive from Smith to Edson I can't say I am sad. However, my son loves them and this may be a tragedty in the making.
Sean
Hi Sean..
How are you doing up in cowboy country anyway..
How about a little MLU up date on the new job..house...vehicles..shop..etc.and don't forget Shamus..
He must be ropin' and ridin' and chewing snusse by now..
Old 30-11-06, 05:23
Vets Dottir

Hi Sean,

I'm nosey too and want to hear any updates. I've been wondering I know you must be freezing your nethers-behind-you lately. COLD!!!!!!!!!

Karmen
Old 02-12-06, 21:34
In Vino Veritas

Default Howdy Pardners...

...Ya'll wondering on the lil'cowpoke and the spread eh? Weeeell golly!
We are still in limbo really, still ahve the house in smith , living in a 700sq foot place here and waiting for the land we bought to close on decemeber 15th. We do have a house plan in place, to be built in Manitboba and shipped here and save money and time?! Crazy. For you overseas peoples, that is having a house built 1700km or 1100 miles away rom where you live and then hauling the 60foot by 30foot structure on a truck to where you are.
Basement digger and builder are lined up and garage plans are finalized. Now we need to sell the Smith house or we will end up with 2 1200 a month mortages and a 1200 buck rent while we wait for our house to be built and a car payment and of course Shamus's 500 a month sitter, not to mention incidentals. But once the house goes, and we are in our house 2400bucks is removed from the minus column and things should be fine.
Shamus and Melissa are still sick with the move and I seem to be finished with the sick every week thing. Moving to a new area and getting exposed to new bugs sort of thing. It will be an interesting year and everything will settle down and then we can travel etc, maybe get out to Ontario and boot Stinkray in the butt while Alex holds him in a headlock.
We do love the area and the people have been helpful and very friendly, though they'd run you down as soon as look at you whe they are behind the wheel. I mean when the boss tells you " that is why we bought you a 4x4 , no guts no glory" instead of plowing a road to a well for you...it says something. I say BANZAI!
The house sitter in Smith has been replaced after my visit there last week, windows were left open in -27 a tons of lights were on, things plugged in, freezer breaker was off. The freezer must have been off close to 2 months and the smell was unlike anything I have experienced . So through out a 700 dollar freezer and paid 400 for heating oil, and 160 for electricit ,etc.So she is gone and the house is now tight , cool and dark .
I just view it all as Edson challenging us to see if we really belong here. So far we have surmounted all the interesting and unexpected tests and will be laughing next year at this time.
Shamus is sitting watching wiggles in this picture I took a few minutes ago , driving Daddy snakey of course.
Oh, there is more but that is the essence the rest is for over beer in my future new garage.
yours
Sean
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shamuswiggles.jpg (49.8 KB, 106 views)
M38CDN 1952
Other stuff
Old 02-12-06, 21:41
In Vino Veritas

Default Physician

And here is my lovely son practicing to be a doctor, I think.
Sean
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shamusdoctor.jpg (48.5 KB, 104 views)
M38CDN 1952
Other stuff
Old 02-12-06, 23:13
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Sean, frighteningly, young Shamus looks just like his dad. Scary thinking there's TWO of you out there now.

Good to hear from you regardless. Thanks for that. Now STFU, grab a shovel, and go dig Shamus' basement.
Old 03-12-06, 06:37
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Howdy Pardners...

Quote:
...Ya'll wondering on the lil'cowpoke and the spread eh? Weeeell golly!

Shamus is sitting watching wiggles in this picture I took a few minutes ago , driving Daddy snakey of course.

Oh, there is more but that is the essence the rest is for over beer in my future new garage.
yours
Sean
Hi Sean,

It's good to get the updates but I wish you folks weren't quite so tested.

Gotta love those little Shamus TOES!!! What a Darlin' he is and I can never believe how fast kids grow!!! Your dog is pretty cool too. Both dog and Shamus look quite laid back and relaxed in those photos.

You folks certainly are sounding very tested, especially with the housesitter from hell. Next time, if ever, you might need a free housesitter and I can swing it, I'm there but for the getting me there and home again. Send a CMP for me. Hmmmmm ... on 2nd thought, I'm a Guess that wouldn't work out ...

Wishing You, Melissa, and Shamus no more tests!

Ma Yappy
Old 03-12-06, 08:13
In Vino Veritas

Default Tested...

..."Whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger"
We aren't as tested as others for sure. It might not be a cake walk , but what true victory ever came with out a battle. Okay, okay, Ghandi . YOu got me on that one, but I think you get my point. If strife builds character then I am going to be a heck of a guy.
One of the benefits has already appeared and I get to have christmas in Prince George with my aunts and uncles and cousins and my wife and son. I haven't had christmas with family since '92 or '93 due to my distance away. My Aunt is so excited she can barely contain herself .So you see it ain't all bad and when I win the lottery it will be even better
As always,
Sean

ps: once again my source of true strength comes from the moral support of others, I'll ride the bull as long as I know others are cheering me on.
M38CDN 1952
Other stuff
Old 03-12-06, 14:26
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Tested...

Quote:
ps: once again my source of true strength comes from the moral support of others, I'll ride the bull as long as I know others are cheering me on.
Methinks you can count on THAT, Sean.

My best to you all.

Geoff

Old 03-12-06, 20:37
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Tested...

Quote:
..."Whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger"
We aren't as tested as others for sure. It might not be a cake walk , but what true victory ever came with out a battle.
So true, eh?

Quote:
One of the benefits has already appeared and I get to have christmas in Prince George with my aunts and uncles and cousins and my wife and son. I haven't had christmas with family since '92 or '93 due to my distance away. My Aunt is so excited she can barely contain herself .So you see it ain't all bad and when I win the lottery it will be even better
As always,
Sean
I always loved those big family Christmases and miss them ... my youngest wants me to go to her this year so she can do Christmas for me for a change. That will probably happen. Time will tell.

Quote:
ps: once again my source of true strength comes from the moral support of others, I'll ride the bull as long as I know others are cheering me on. [/B]
3 CHEERS FOR YOU ...

HUR-MLU-RAH

HUR-MLU-RAH

HUR-MLU-RAH

Ma Yappy