MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Carrier Forum

Notices

Old 28-09-09, 09:26
Ron

Default carrier models details part 2

I found a wealth of material here on this board but a lot of confusing things too.
Since my model has the drop down panel on the gunners side it seems that made it a Mk I. but it will also have things to make it a Mk II so it's an upgraded version.

Here we start off with the Mk I instrument panel, followed by a Mk I panel with a Mk II speedometer (which I modeled for mine). Next the Mk II panel with the added fuel guage the previous version lacked. Lastly the model I made for my carrier (got to adjust the speedo as it looks like it moved somehow).

There is a tiny LED in the light but it's red and not wired up. The switch toggles are brass belaying pins from a ship model and the hardware (which actually functions) is 0-80 sized screws, washers and bolts.

Now maybe you can understand some of the reason for my numerous questions. I have been pursueing getting a manual but they seem to be way too expensive for my budget. One manual would cost me around $100 shipped from overseas and one of the books would end up close to that amount but still only cover half of what I'm looking for.

I doubt my model will be 100% accurate but from the pictures I have seen it seems anything could and would have been done to them during the war so I don't feel too bad about it.