MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 14-08-10, 02:04
Bluebell

Default Thank you Nigel, Jared, Alex, Phillip

I would like to thank you guys for your hospitality (and intended hospitality)
We (eight of us, seven having zero interest in M.V's) had a family trip to Australia, firstly landing in Brisbane for a quick stop over, where I managed to catch up with Nigel Ward, and view his AOP Carrier, Then on to Darwin, where I was supposed to catch up with Jared Archibald, to see his LP1's, but alas! it wasnt to be. By a mutual mis-understanding, Jared was hundreds of kms away on an archeological dig, while I was in Darwin. Never the less Jared was trying to make it work for me. Maybe next time. From Darwin we travelled on to Halls creek and into the Canning stock route, spending the next 16 days travelling through the Tanami desert, the, the Great sandy desert, , the Gibson desert, and lastly the Little sandy desert. According to the book we had now travelled 991 sand dunes. On to the wild west town of Wiluna, and then 550 km down to Kalgoorlie where I met up with Alex McDougal. From there down to Merredin, and up to Nungarin where I caught up with Phillip Hastings to see his Scout carrier. Phillip hosted the eight of us at the sports complex (power, hot showers, flush toilets, as well as entertaining us for the evening) We headed out the next morning to Perth,
(having covered 6000 kms by landcruiser, from Darwin to Perth) spent a few days there, having a look around, and headed home. Australia is one big place, only wet at the edges. Did someone say that the All Blacks beat the Wallabies twice while we were there?
Attached Thumbnails
Austrailia 198.jpg   Austrailia 332.jpg   Austrailia 414.jpg   Austrailia 403.jpg   Austrailia 095.jpg  

Carrier Armoured O.P. No1 Mk3 W. T84991
Carrier Bren No2.Mk.I. NewZealand Railways. NZR.6.
Dodge WC55. 37mm Gun Motor Carriage M6
Jeep Mb #135668
So many questions....
Old 14-08-10, 02:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Eades View Post
Did someone say that the All Blacks beat the Wallabies twice while we were there?
yep Oh sorry I mean

"and on the 8th day he made trucks so that man, made on the 7th day, had shelter when woman threw him out for the night"
MrRoo says "TRUCKS ROOLE"
Old 14-08-10, 04:13
Bluebell

Default Cliff

I can understand your split loyalties.

Carrier Armoured O.P. No1 Mk3 W. T84991
Carrier Bren No2.Mk.I. NewZealand Railways. NZR.6.
Dodge WC55. 37mm Gun Motor Carriage M6
Jeep Mb #135668
So many questions....