MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 12-06-10, 23:39
MUTT Guy

Default The "simple" things our Wives do....

I thought i'd post this here on MLU as I can't think of any other group of people who could understand my plight better than you fellas.

So, my wife (along with most i'm sure) makes some pretty silly errors every so often. By and large, they are small things that are usually funny. I can't fault her too bady as we've owned a diesel fueled car for many years and its never come home with a tank of gas.

Today however, she pulled a classic that really cut me deep. The story begins like this:

We've had a bit of weed problem at the back of our lot. New Brunswick has recently gone "Ultra Green" similar to Ontario, and you can no longer buy anything that will harm a weed. So, she decided to go online and look for some homebrew eco-friendly weed ideas. She came across this solution that is used by the City of Ottawa that is basically made up of Salt, Vinegar, and Liquid Dish Detergent. To her credit, the stuff works. She made up a "test batch" and I watched weeds literally wilt within a few minutes of getting sprayed. I was impressed with her resourcefulness and congratulated her on her concoction. So, off she goes into the Garage to mix up a main charge of this Weed Killer of Mass Destruction. Quite a considerable amount of time passed while she was gone making it. I had a nice long chat with the neighbour about lawns etc..... She then emerged with a look of horror (dog got run over type of horror look) on her face and told me she needed right away. Off we go to the garage.............. Well, someone might as well have punched me in the throat when we walked in. My wife is a great cook. The kind of person that can eat something at a fancy eatery and then replicate it perfectly. In the process she will use every dish in the kitchen and leave a mess that looks like a bag of flour exploded. So back to the garage. Using her exceptional ability to make a hell of a mess, she decided to use the "completely naked" Fenders of my recently Sandblasted M151A2 as her countertop. When she noticed that the spilled vinegar was causing the salt she dumped all over the fenders to flash rust the fenders, she ran inside and got a bucket of water to rince it off. This now made a relatively small rusted area a huge (whole fender top) rust zone. This was then followed by an attempt with windex and paper towel. The nice coarse fresh sandblasted surface more or less ate the papertowel. After i'm sure was a girly shriek, I pushed her out of the way and went to work on it with a can of brake cleaner in the same manner a fire fighter attacks a fire. After expending a whole can, I retired into the house.... Things have been quiet now for a few hours. I still don't have the courage to look in the garage.....

Scotty
Old 13-06-10, 04:07
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Oh dear...

That is very sad... but looking on the bright side this must give you lots of what are variously called CMP, or Jeep points which, if you have experienced these before you must use as soon as possible as they have an extremely short shelf life. Now is probably the best opportunity you will ever have to purchase another one or two vehicles.
Beautifully written story, I enjoyed reading it.

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern
Old 13-06-10, 05:41
M38A1 CDN3

Scotty; Thread hijack!

You must have heard by now that the Oromocto Legion burned down.

Rumour Control has it that the Ministry of Natural Resources has issued assurances that the homeless cougars will be treated humanely.

Sorta inside Canadian military joke.

On another note, you being busy doing damage control, I expect that my shipment might be delayed?

We now return you to regular programming on this thread.
Old 14-06-10, 01:44
MUTT Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Webb View Post
Now is probably the best opportunity you will ever have to purchase another one or two vehicles.
Funny you mention that......

Look what I brought home today:

Old 14-06-10, 01:48
MUTT Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Skagfeld View Post
Scotty; Thread hijack!

Rumour Control has it that the Ministry of Natural Resources has issued assurances that the homeless cougars will be treated humanely.

Sorta inside Canadian military joke.

On another note, you being busy doing damage control, I expect that my shipment might be delayed?

We now return you to regular programming on this thread.
Not unlike the Cougar from the Legion, my new parts M151A2 has much in common. Nice face, but heres the morning after, no pants on, chew my arm off to escape shot:

Jon, my gut instinct is that a Parcel containing Kevlar and Stamped Metal should be hitting you mid week

Scotty
Old 14-06-10, 08:08
M38A1 CDN3

Quote:
Originally Posted by armybuck041 View Post
Not unlike the Cougar from the Legion, my new parts M151A2 has much in common. Nice face, but heres the morning after, no pants on, chew my arm off to escape shot:

Jon, my gut instinct is that a Parcel containing Kevlar and Stamped Metal should be hitting you mid week
Good new, thanks.

MUTT cut or uncut?
Old 14-06-10, 12:08
MUTT Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Skagfeld View Post
Good new, thanks.

MUTT cut or uncut?
This one is a mid-demil example (after the single cut, but before the quarter and crush). It's had a 2' Strip section removed out of the middle. That was norm out here in Gagetown as this is the 4th one I've seen like this now from Gagetown. Makes my single saw cut Alberta MUTT look surgical by comparision. Nevertheless, I'll borrow a few items off of it and use it as a living model to make sure mine goes back together correctly. After that I will donate it to the Base Museum if they want it.

Scotty
Old 15-06-10, 10:51
Gilles Chartrand

Hi Scotty
Boy this must be the season for the M151, this is the 3rd one I have seen recovered in the last 2 months. I see you will have a good winter projrct on your hands. Spring must be jeep season, I have started on a M38A1 that my wife wanted, everything is going along quite well, (touch wood) the body is in excellent condition, I have not encountered any rust on the front panels and was able to completely redo the hood and 1 fender .
The Mutt looks like my first project, my M37, lots and lots of body work Not only are we infected with the disease, but we are gluttons for punishment. I wonder what the rest of the people do in their free time? Gilles
Old 15-06-10, 22:01
MUTT Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpns 421 View Post
Hi Scotty
Boy this must be the season for the M151, this is the 3rd one I have seen recovered in the last 2 months. I see you will have a good winter projrct on your hands. Spring must be jeep season, I have started on a M38A1 that my wife wanted, everything is going along quite well, (touch wood) the body is in excellent condition, I have not encountered any rust on the front panels and was able to completely redo the hood and 1 fender .
The Mutt looks like my first project, my M37, lots and lots of body work Not only are we infected with the disease, but we are gluttons for punishment. I wonder what the rest of the people do in their free time? Gilles
I've been scouring NB for anything M151 I can find

This latest one is far too gone to be repaired. It will be my source for nuts bolts etc as well as be a "living template" of "where does that go again" as I slowly reassemble my "Good" one.

Should have seen the look on my wifes face when I rolled this one in...... She never said a peep
Old 15-06-10, 23:20
HLIofC - Normandy Pl

Default Oh my god!!!

(quote)

the pick-a-f___k has burned down?

Whatever shall the boys from the base do?

too many carriers
too many rovers
not enough time.
(and now a BSA...)
(and now a Triumph TRW...)