MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 29-01-10, 01:54

Default Wanted WW1 Maps

Guys does anyone have any British, German or Canadian WW1 Maps to sell or trade?
I am looking for Trench maps also.

Dean
Old 29-01-10, 03:06
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Maps..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean (Ajax) View Post
Guys does anyone have any British, German or Canadian WW1 Maps to sell or trade?
I am looking for Trench maps also.

Dean
How about a complete map of the Crimea showing military and carriage roads,post stations,lighthouses,fortified places and battle sites(Such as the landing of the Anglo-French army,14 Sept.1854,Kalamita Bay)with distances from various points of the western coast from English and Russian surveys..Published by Charles deSilver,Philadelphia..1856..
OR...
A chart of the Baltic from Admirility and Russian surveys showing ,among other things the fortification of Cronstadt and St petersburg.The batteries at Cronstadt..showing the placement of 100 Paixhans guns,120pounders,that guarded the entrance harbour of St Petersburg...
Charles deSilver,Philadelphia..1856..
Old 29-01-10, 03:25

Thanks Alex, however I am really looking for the WW1 maps..however if anyone has any maps of the St Lawrence River....from Kingston to Cornwall, that date 1750s to 1957 I may be interested.

Dean
Old 29-01-10, 04:09
Dave Demorrow

there is a book shop at yeprs / ipers / yeiprs whatever run by a brit that had a ton of them 2 years ago. im sure they still have some. maybe some one here can come up with the name / ph / e-mail / blood type etc...

dave
42 6LB GUN
and the list keeps growing, and growing.... i need help LOL
Old 29-01-10, 04:38
GM Fox I

Default Pilot's guide

Quote:
Thanks Alex, however I am really looking for the WW1 maps..however if anyone has any maps of the St Lawrence River....from Kingston to Cornwall, that date 1750s to 1957 I may be interested.

Dean
Are you interested in a pilot's guide (maritime, not airplane) for the St. Lawrence River, circa 1947?
Old 29-01-10, 11:39

Dave I know the shop outside the Menin Gate, I was there in May..I thought his prices were really high...everything cost FAR more there than anywhere else I had seen the same items.

Bruce..does the guide have charts...I need to see the old shoreline of the St Lawrence River..before they raised it..I have a pilots guide from the 30s..but only words, no maps pr charts.

Thank you

Dean
Old 29-01-10, 17:04
Rick

Try here Dean,
http://www.westernfrontassociation.com/
Old 30-01-10, 01:14
Dave Demorrow

dean, the place you were talking about, did it have a MG in the window. that place was EXPENSIVE!!!!!

im taking about the other one about the same distance from the museum but in the other direction. they had mess tins, artillery, loads and loads of cap badges, and lots of paper goods.

thanks
dave
42 6LB GUN
and the list keeps growing, and growing.... i need help LOL
Old 30-01-10, 01:50

Dave I went to a few places near the Menin Gate..one was run by a guy from London Ontario!!!..hge had a lot of books and dug up bits..the one closer to the Gate had repro maps and other bits..his Original Maps were way out of line!!

I am only looking for original Maps.
Thanks Guys

Dean
Old 01-02-10, 04:34
David Pope

Dean, here's one on ebay.
western front map

Original very large WWI Battle Sector Map of Belgium & Part of France. It is dated "Enemy Organisation Oct. 15, 1918".

This is authentic AND WAS ACTUALLY USED and brought back by Lt. Salter of the 32nd Battery of the Canadian Field Artillery, in the Canadian Expeditionary Force. THIS IS A HEAVY LINEN MAP TO HELP PREVENT WEAR rather than the more common paper.

The map opens up to approx. 33" x 22". It shows all the roads in detail and a number of towns, all in a numbered and lettered grid. The legend describes and the map shows many supply and ammunition dumps, camp areas and hutments, balloons and their normal points of ascent, airline junctions, telephone offices, and both foot and traffic bridges. Also, railways (used and unused, with the guage written), single huts or shelters, red cross signs, and aerodromes and hangers. Loads of things included on the map. The map shows a number of towns including Orchies, Genech, Watters, Bruille, Maubray, Roucourt, etc., as well as hills, geographic points, marshes, rivers, etc.

This map was actually used by artillery outfits during the war in determining coordinates for artillery barrages that this officer participated in. The map is divided into a grid pattern, from A through X. Each of these lettered sections is further divided into 36 numbered squares. This is all for the purposes of directing artillery fire coordinates.

Shows a little use because this WAS THERE AND WAS USED, but condition is excellent overall, considering its active use. No splits or tears. This is a really nice piece for display with a variety of collections. Quite suitable for framing. It is quite unusual to find any type of original military war-dated map from WWI, let alone an artillery barrage map, let alone one that was used and is identified to the owner, and let alone one in linen.
1940 Cab 11 F15A w/ Chev rear ends
1941 Cab 12 F15A
1942-44 Cab 13 F15A x 5
1942 cab 13 F15A with 2B1 box
1943 cab 13 F15A with 2H1 box
1943 Cab 13 C8A HUP
1944 Cab 13 C15A with 2C1 box
1943 Cletrac M2 High Speed Tractor
MkII Bren gun carrier chassis x 2
Old 01-02-10, 11:41

Hello and Thank you, I made a fiar offer on that one and recieved no reply..and he is asking for offers.
I bought a group of 7 on Sat of Ebay UK for 32 Pounds!!..I do expect to a lot pay more than that for good one however!!! LOL

Thanks Again
Dean
Old 01-02-10, 23:23
GM Fox I

Default Pilot's Guide

Quote:
Bruce..does the guide have charts...I need to see the old shoreline of the St Lawrence River..before they raised it..I have a pilots guide from the 30s..but only words, no maps pr charts.

Thank you

Dean
Mine is a list of things to look out for, much like yours, only dated 1946. It has one fold out map that is an index to the charts that were available at the time. I'll also correct myself (having actually found the book and therefore not relying on memory): it's the Gulf of St. Lawrence Pilot. While looking for it, I found a linen map of the Aldershot District (North), owned by a Mr. Rayison (?), Captain, Assistant Provost Marshal, Canadians, Egham, Surrey, stamped as received by the Orderly Room, 2nd Sept. 1917. I should really spend more time digging into my book shelves!!
Old 02-02-10, 01:36

Thanks again, however it's not what I need at this time..however the other thing you found is interesting.

Dean
Old 13-09-10, 20:24

Thumbs up trench maps

I think I might have something you might be interested in . I was recently at a auction and picked up 2 maps original field issue ww 1 intelligence maps cloth backed france sept 1918 (on the maps enemy rear organization).
Old 14-09-10, 02:31

Hello, please contact me at my home email northman@rogers.com

I am willing to buy if the price is right or trade...

Thank you

Dean