MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MLU ADMIN > TAC HQ

Notices

Old 23-02-08, 07:28

Unhappy repeat late email notifications

Today I have been recieveing repeat late emails to threads I have posted in. This was the second such one repeated at 1630 local time but posted by Jif and has more posts after this one that I have been notified about and already read but they have not been repeated...yet!.

#15 Today, 08:20
Geoff Winnington-Ball
OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' Join Date: Feb 2003

Re: Sapper

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Derek, let me get my thoughts in order this weekend (I've been a busy boy of late) and I'll give you an answer on your base proposal.

Jif

Just thought I'd let you know about this and also happening is half the avitars on the RHS of the post new thread and reply screen are off the screen for me with no way to get them to scroll over. Even Ma Yappy pounding away with her fry pan is almost out of reach for me (I can see half of her and the pout one as well

"and on the 8th day he made trucks so that man, made on the 7th day, had shelter when woman threw him out for the night"
MrRoo says "TRUCKS ROOLE"
Old 23-02-08, 07:49
Vets Dottir 2nd

HAVE NO FEAR MASTER CLIFF SIR, FOR MA YAPPY IS HERE !!!

Regards the delayed email notifications, I've had that too, but can't recall if
it's happened since the upgrade. Has anyone else had this happen since the
forum upgrade?

Regards the smilies (if you mean the little icons like " etc) ... I think the compose screens in the threads forums do not leave enough room for all 36 smilies to show at the side/right ... a way around this is when you get the compose window up to do a post, there is a there ... if you click on it it drops down a menu with smilies to choose from, bottom of the list is "view all smilies" or some such ... click on that to see all 36 of them.

A pain in the heinie to do all the steps, but unless Geoff can reset something so that all smilies show alongside the compose box, at least we can still access and post them through that drop down menu.

Ma
Old 23-02-08, 07:52
Vets Dottir 2nd

PS: All 36 smilies ARE still there to the right when composing/replying,
they just kinda hide ... have you happened to notice about the 24 you
do see are NOT always the same 24? They seem to switch positions too.
Leap frog? They leap in and out of the computer
Old 23-02-08, 14:34
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Smilies

I'll look into that, Cliff. It would help if you were using a screen somewhat larger than your cell phone to peruse MLU...

Ref the notifications, blame the worldwide email situation on them. There are BILLIONS of emails racing around the world every damned day, with most of them spam. The system inevitably queues endlessly from time-to-time. There's nothing I can do about that!
Old 23-02-08, 20:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball View Post
I'll look into that, Cliff. It would help if you were using a screen somewhat larger than your cell phone to peruse MLU...

Ref the notifications, blame the worldwide email situation on them. There are BILLIONS of emails racing around the world every damned day, with most of them spam. The system inevitably queues endlessly from time-to-time. There's nothing I can do about that!
Jif these are second email notifications as in I already have had one concerning the reply already. They are not a late one only email.

As far as the screen goes the reply window seems to sit about 1.5 inches to the right at my end with a gap to the left.

"and on the 8th day he made trucks so that man, made on the 7th day, had shelter when woman threw him out for the night"
MrRoo says "TRUCKS ROOLE"