MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 04-06-05, 19:50
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: Re: Cool, eh?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark W. Tonner
Tony... : ...Are you saying that MA is a distant relation of the SMITH clan..... ....... you'd better check the roots on that family tree ..... must be a colony of Pixies infecting it......

Little Miss Yappy from down-under......

Good Morning Karmen......
Is Tim Tams Tony Smith a Pixie too?

Good afternoon Gramps
Old 04-06-05, 19:59
Senior Forum Member

Talking Re: Re: Re: Re: Cool, eh?

Quote:
Originally posted by Vets Dottir
Good afternoon Gramps
You mean GOOD AFTERNOON GRUMPY don't you..........

By the way, what's all this "Pink" stuff... you a "G*Y" Pixie or something.......

....Bye
Old 04-06-05, 20:04
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cool, eh?

Quote:
You mean GOOD AFTERNOON GRUMPY don't you..........

By the way, what's all this "Pink" stuff... you a "G*Y" Pixie or something.......

....Bye
Gay? Yes! I'm a verra happy little Pixie, thank you verra much Grumpy
Old 04-06-05, 20:40
Senior Forum Member

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cool, eh?

Quote:
Originally posted by Vets Dottir
I'm a verra happy little Pixie
I have one of those also, she is asleep at the moment, nothing better to do I guess..........except George phones every "30" seconds.... she must be a new mother or something like that.......... : ...... or maybe she figures that Grandma & Grandpa are going to corrupt G2 .... , Who us!..... never

.... maybe just a little itty bitty bit ......
Old 05-06-05, 19:16
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cool, eh?

Quote:
I have one of those also, she is asleep at the moment, nothing better to do I guess..........except George phones every "30" seconds.... she must be a new mother or something like that.......... : ...... or maybe she figures that Grandma & Grandpa are going to corrupt G2 .... , Who us!..... never

.... maybe just a little itty bitty bit ......
New Mom's ... are hypervigilant and ruthless in their protective focus on their little ones. NO-ONE is as capable as MOM, not even Daddy, Gramps and Gramma, usually, even though you raised them
Old 25-03-07, 10:09
Vets Dottir 2nd

Default Re: more recent history?

Quote:
Originally posted by Art Johnson
If my memory serves me right there is a Sephardic community in New York State. They were in the news a couple of years ago when they tried to have their town declared a religeous community and therefore not subject to State Taxes. I forget the details of the case but the interesting part of the story is that the entire town is made up of Sephardic Jews.
Sephardic Jews are heavily involved in the diamond trade often becoming easy targets for robbers as they carry thousands of dollars in gems on their person, they are easily identifiable from their mode of dress.
Ah Art ... "Who loves you baby" ...

Karmen
Old 25-03-07, 19:10
Derek Heuring

Default Yom tov!

The two most important phrases to know when visiting the Middle East?

Arabic: La, shukran!
Hebrew: Lo, toda!

they both mean the same thing....NO THANKS!!!
Old 25-03-07, 20:07
a Canuck/Brit in Blighty

Default DNA doesn't lie

Welcome to the wonderful world of genetics. I don't think all French-Canadians are Jewish but genetically have there roots elsewhere. I have been doing DNA research for the past year or two to help my genealogy quest. It's amazing what shows up. I know for a fact that both sides of my parents come from Scotland (yes, I can turn a penny into copper wire) but going back into time I have been able to see other areas that have connections. My DNA is mostly Celtic but has a match with some Nordic groups. Remember that the Vikings raided Scotland and Ireland. Going farther back in time I can trace my genetic roots through Europe back to the mid-east to North Africa.

Remember that Europe and Britain were invaded by the Romans along with their provincial armies and as any soldier knows "any port in a storm". So there are lots of little Caesars or Ahmads running around as French as can be.

Men test for Y-DNA which can only show their paternal line and women test for MtDNA which only shows their maternal line.

Of the hundreds of thousands that have done DNA testing it all points back to a genetic Adam and a genetic Eve (not the biblical ones).
Old 26-03-07, 00:50
Vets Dottir 2nd

Hi Bruce,

I remember the strangest experience I had when I was at my Mom's funeral in 1989. Her death was out of the blue and she was just 61, a massive heart attack, so we were all still in emotional and psychological shock. I know I certainly was. There was one point where I got this overwhelming feeling, sensations, and images in my head of an umbilical cord stretching back from me, through my Mom, and her Mom, and her mom and so on, back and back and back, and the total sensation was of the maternal genetic continuity going back generations and generations, all of us linked back through genetics ... it was the most astounding and WONDERFUL "knowing" feeling and I have never lost that sense of continuity within me, since.

Interesting terms, Genetic Adam and Genetic Eve. I've never heard those terms before.

Karmen