MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 06-09-19, 21:41

From a recent video post by Philippe Raymond on the Facebook Group RECOURS COLLECTIF SAAQ VEHICULES MILITAIRE, the MV owners group in Quebec have had their first meeting with government officials and possibly made some progress in having the new C plate changes reconsidered. Great News and good luck with their ongoing efforts to get this repealed or changed.
1943 GM HUA (Project)
1962 Daimler Ferret (Sold)
Old 10-09-19, 03:32

Default Moving on with Quebec

I haven't heard back from Tourism Quebec and time is clicking by.

If anyone has future plan to travel to Quebec in a Historical Vehicle that might have been used by the military at one time, Quebec Transport would still like to see it. They're not sure why they want to see it but they gave me a special email address where we can send pictures and dimensions of vehicles we may visit Quebec with.

A "ruling" to determine restrictions to Quebec residents is back in the Minister's hands after meeting with group eh. I don't see a timeline of when a ruling may be made. That doesn't help my travel plans so I'll need to paddle harder.

This seems like the right time to reinforce my desire to visit Quebec and a more complete list of vehicles I might use is on the way.

After again calling the toll free number 1-888-355-0511 pushing "9" for English and "3" for the right department, Joanna at Service put me in contact with Aida at the Transport department.

This is the email address Transport would like me to send questions and information about the vehicles that might visit Quebec.

Attention: François Bonnardel

communications@transports.gouv.qc.ca

Once again, the ladies on the phone were angels. Unfortunately, they do not have a fresh 'memo' and Aida at transport thought that SAAQ might be able to tell me more about the restrictions.

I explained how we landed on that shore once already and the final decision would be in the Transportation Minister's capable hands. She is looking forward to seeing the emails.
Old 11-09-19, 10:15

Default We're going anyway

Responses like the reply from tourism are starting to cut into my travel plans. They didn't leave a toll free number but if it's a local number in Quebec, maybe the folks nearby can check to see if their friends can visit Quebec in their MV's.

Au nom de la ministre du Tourisme et députée de Berthier, Mme Caroline Proulx, j’accuse réception de votre message.
Votre communication sera portée à l’attention de la ministre qui en prendra connaissance avec intérêt.
Acceptez, je vous prie, l’expression de nos sentiments les meilleurs.

Sylvie Desrosiers
Adjointe administrative
Cabinet de la ministre
Ministère du Tourisme
Bureau 400
900, boulevard René-Lévesque Est
Québec (Québec) G1R 2B5

Tél. : 418 528-8063
www.tourisme.gouv.qc.ca

Rough Translation

On behalf of the Minister of Tourism and MP for Berthier, Ms. Caroline Proulx, I acknowledge receipt of your message.

Your communication will be brought to the attention of the Minister, who will take note of it with interest.

Accept, please, the expression of our best feelings.

Sylvie Desrosiers

Administrative assistant

Minister's Office

Ministry of Tourism

400 Office

900 René-Lévesque Boulevard East

Quebec City, Quebec G1R 2B5

Such. 418 528-8063
Old 11-09-19, 12:39

Dave D,

Please understand that this issue is solely aimed at owners of vehicles resident in Quebec. If you reside outside and your vehicle if registered outside, drive on.

You are free to drive what you want. Have your ownership and insurance on hand as always, ignore the stupidity and enjoy your vehicle and the countryside.

Common sense is the name of the game, you have nothing to be perturbed about.

Home of the Maple Leaf Adapter
2 Canadian Mk1 Ferrets
Kawasaki KLR250 CFR 95-10908 ex PPCLI
Canadair CL70 CFR 58-91588
Armstrong MT500 serial CFR 86-78530
Two Canam 250s
Land Rover S3 Commanders Caravan Carawagon 16 GN 07
Trailer Cargo 3/4 T 2WHD 38 GJ 62
Old 11-09-19, 18:47

For your information about this legislative alert in Michigan.

https://www.semasan.com/legislative-...e-titling-pass

Cheers
Old 11-09-19, 22:10

Default Confirmation of Travel COT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Craig View Post
Dave D,

Please understand that this issue is solely aimed at owners of vehicles resident in Quebec. If you reside outside and your vehicle if registered outside, drive on.

You are free to drive what you want. Have your ownership and insurance on hand as always, ignore the stupidity and enjoy your vehicle and the countryside.

Common sense is the name of the game, you have nothing to be perturbed about.
Perturbed is soft. It's all the other words that go along with outraged like strontium, cesium and melt down. When Quebec residents can roll in their MV's again, the cooling can begin.

It's not just the oppression of fellow Canadians that is the driver. We had plans, big plans.

We have nation wide projects in draft that could take the entire historical fleet and those willing to help. Canada just passed a 70th anniversary on August 29th and we want to show what Canada did in the 5 years after the Soviet Union tested their first nuclear device. We have 5 years to complete the project for a reveal for the 75th and it can only be done with national support.

The first two thousand sites are already mapped out across Canada and we need local MV's to help photo-document their area. We're left in limbo wondering what our next step is so the kettle is boiling.

It's time sensitive because our history continues to go away. It's ok that it does, we just want a visual record before it's all gone. Rolling Historical Military Vehicles are fantastic reminders of how things once were. I'm waiting for a response from the transportation minister for a date when we can all hit the highway again. Until then, the wrecking ball is just warming up.
Attached Thumbnails
demobunkerwell19.jpg  
Old 15-09-19, 21:26
GM Fox I

I think there's a lot of local interpretation by our government friends. I recall having a frustrating conversation with one in Ontario a number of years ago who insisted all military vehicles were commercial and all the rules applying to commercial vehicles applied to them. Antique status was in addition to, and not instead of, commercial. What that meant in practice was antique status got you nothing as all the commercial rules (weight, lighting, inspection) prevailed. This same guy also told me, as an aside, that "those 6 wheel army boat vehicles will never get licenced on 'my' roads". He of course meant DUKWs and I didn't break the news to him some already were.

To answer you question however, I'm not aware of any distinction for military vehicles in Ontario. There may be 'point of sale' restrictions for some of the more recent surplus ones but that would have nothing to do with provincial legislation or regulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Fedak View Post
I have been asked by the folks in Quebec who are dealing with the SAAQ, to inquire about Military Vehicle inspection criteria across Canada in the various provinces/territories:

Are there any specific pieces of legislation or inspection criteria that apply to Military Vehcles and to Historic Military Vehicles?

The SAAQ has claimed that other provinces (the exact provinces not stated) have specific inspection criteria for Military vehicles.

FACT or Fiction:

Is this fact/ fiction and links to various legislation and criteria.

When military vehicles are registered as on road for regular use, is there a difference in the annual inspection critaria? For example, a large truck in Ontario requires an annual safety, whereas if registered as a Historic Vehicle, this annual inspection requirement is dropped.

Your thoughts?

Stuart
Old 16-09-19, 03:50
Terry Warner

Default pm to Stuart

I'll tell Stuart my stories privately.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!
Old 16-09-19, 04:41
3RD ECHELON WKSP

Do we really want to beat the bushes and stir up the proverbial pot for the rest of us here in Canada? Let the SAAQ do their own research when it comes to what other jurisdictions do. Here in Ontario anything in excess of 35 years old becomes eligible as an antique vehicle regardless of its prior use or designation. We need not give the bureaucrats anymore reason to open up inquiries to create pet projects that can potentially cause a whole pile of trouble. Let sleeping dogs lay.

1968 M274A5 Mule Baifield USMC
1966 M274A2 Mule BMY USMC
1958 M274 Mule Willys US Army
1970 M38A1 CDN3 70-08715 1 CSR
1981 MANAC 3/4T CDN trailer
1943 Converto Airborne Trailer
1983 M1009 CUCV

RT-524, PRC-77s,
and trucks and stuff and more stuff and and.......

OMVA, MVPA, G503, Steel Soldiers
Old 16-09-19, 04:59

Quote:
I have been asked by the folks in Quebec who are dealing with the SAAQ, to inquire about Military Vehicle inspection criteria across Canada in the various provinces/territories:

Are there any specific pieces of legislation or inspection criteria that apply to Military Vehcles and to Historic Military Vehicles?

The SAAQ has claimed that other provinces (the exact provinces not stated) have specific inspection criteria for Military vehicles.

FACT or Fiction:

When military vehicles are registered as on road for regular use, is there a difference in the annual inspection critaria? For example, a large truck in Ontario requires an annual safety, whereas if registered as a Historic Vehicle, this annual inspection requirement is dropped.

Your thoughts?

Stuart
Alberta freedom.

Sovereign General insured my first MV, the 1986 Chev 3/4 ton M1010 for commercial use. The inspection ensured all components were working. Lights, horn, e-brake etc. They check for leaks, sweat on brake lines, loose components 'still within safety tolerances', tire tread, windshield washer etc.

No further inspections were required from 2010 to 2017ish when I sold it.

Quebec could easily look up the various levels of mechanical inspection forms throughout the provinces. We could even get them a contact with the Judges Advocate Group and the Privy Council if they need legal advice. Here's a B.C. form that was super easy to find.
https://www.th.gov.bc.ca/CVSE/vehicl...PDF/MV3199.pdf

If SAAQ's 'objective' is enabling citizens to operate historical vehicles on public roads safely, historical vehicle collectors should help design the enabling objectives.

I had the easiest process with the 6x6 and as a responsible Canadian citizen, I'm almost certain this is the way it should go.
When I re-built the 1956 M135 we photo documented the process. I sent the pictures to Thomas Schindler Green insurance broker ...now intact insurance.....and they sent me pink cards. "NO INSPECTION REQUIRED".

Say what? Insured without an inspection? The insurance company weighs their risk....adds an ethical/ moral/ historical vehicle file....and 'enabled' this collector to get history on public streets. That was 2012 to 2017.

If Quebec is asking for a design to the new policies, take the word "military" out of any definition and add the word "automobile" or "vehicle".

Catastrophic components from tires to brakes and steering can be inspected after replacement on a historical vehicle but SAAQ can never remove all liability by an inspection process. They will always be jointly liable for putting any vehicle on the road. They just need to get on with it. Inspecting vehicles to make them eligible for insurance doesn't stop a new Toyota throttle from sticking or a Ford truck from burning up and it didn't stop Pintos from exploding.

The bus, suburban and even the Volks Wagon could be considered a military vehicle. The 2 ton international in the 50's and these days, Toyota Tercel can be seen on military bases with military plates.

The bus inspection went the same as all the others. Does the horn work? Yes.
Go drive it, have fun. Call home if you're going to be late.

Alberta Inspection info
https://ama.ab.ca/knowledge-base/art...pection-centre
https://ama.ab.ca/knowledge-base/art...pection-centre

Credit to our Canadian Civil Defence Museum and Archive for the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
airsiren1010edmcdbunker.jpg   chevburb.jpg   m135.jpg  
Attached Images

Last edited by Dave D.; 16-09-19 at 05:11.
Old 16-09-19, 13:55

When the company that carried my antique auto insurance was sold, I got a letter from the new company saying that they could no longer insure my Ferret and half-track because they didn't know what to call them. They didn't "seem to fit any of their classifications". My broker managed to add the half-track to my farm policy as a "White tractor". That company asked for pictures, and the difference between a farm tractor and artillery tractor didn't bother them. They also added my Bren carrier as a "Ford tractor". He offered to look for a creative way of insuring the Ferret, but I decided not to bother. It only goes to shows on a float now.
Old 16-09-19, 19:17
carrier mech

Manitoba in no way differentiates between regular vehicles and military vehicles. However, when they inspect, they do require that whatever safety features were mandated and would be on a civilian equivalent for that model year would be on the military equivalent (ie CJ5/M38A1).

In Manitoba, you only require one safety inspection for a vehicle under 10,000 pounds. That inspection is required before the initial registration by a new owner or importation into the province and is valid for one year in case the vehicle gets re-sold. That is for regular plates or collectors plates. Regular plates can be insured to drive to work, collectors plates are not normally driven to work. Generally, there is no need for a second inspection unless you have had a major accident or event. Otherwise, no annual inspections, and no emissions testing.

Vehicles over 10K require annual inspections, unless for recreational use. The addition of any of two items (bed, sink, stove, and there might be a few others) constitute recreation vehicle.

Then we have the antique plates. No safety required (including for over 10K vehicles), vehicles have to be over 25 years. Inexpensive, but very limited on what you can do with it. Repair shops, parades and displays is it.

The only other legislation we have that really effects military vehicles is the armour legislation, meant for the gangs and drugs using body armour and up-armouring their vehicles. You need a $100 permit to possess these items, however there is an exemption for historic military vehicles in possession of their owners.

Our dept of transport guys were aware of the MLVWs, and that they did not meet some of the requirements for highway certification in the years they were introduced. The guy I was talking to indicated that there were some in the province that had the necessary work done to be in compliance and safetied. Just as often though, the inspection station does not apply all those criteria, and is more worried about the operation of the brakes and lights being in order rather than some of the design elements.

Good luck to the Quebec guys.

Last edited by rob love; 17-09-19 at 01:35.
Old 17-09-19, 01:31

Default Update

Report here, may be available in other languages elsewhere.

https://driving.ca/auto-news/news/qu...JOX8GoGXlsX0-E

Home of the Maple Leaf Adapter
2 Canadian Mk1 Ferrets
Kawasaki KLR250 CFR 95-10908 ex PPCLI
Canadair CL70 CFR 58-91588
Armstrong MT500 serial CFR 86-78530
Two Canam 250s
Land Rover S3 Commanders Caravan Carawagon 16 GN 07
Trailer Cargo 3/4 T 2WHD 38 GJ 62
Old 17-09-19, 19:28

Default Sept. 21 deadline

Quote:

FACT or Fiction:

When military vehicles are registered as on road for regular use, is there a difference in the annual inspection criteria? For example, a large truck in Ontario requires an annual safety, whereas if registered as a Historic Vehicle, this annual inspection requirement is dropped.

Your thoughts?

Stuart
Thanks for all the hard work on this Stuart.

Is there anything else we can do that will show the Quebec lads our support?

I don't get a lot of time for the facebook crew but I did see mention that the minister asked the first group not to go to the media.....or there will be consequences.

I also saw a letter that mentioned Sept. 21 as the day a decision will be made.

We're already working on a real cool story that has a lot to do with Quebec and will involve a press release. It's all about history, culture, defence, finance, the official secrets act, the privy council, construction, transportation, planning, communications, media, education, art, policing, emergency management, fire couplers and the military take over of Civil Defence in the 1960's.

Quebec has a fascinating story with a nuclear beginning. The Transportation Minister is responsible for how the story ends and Sept. 21 is pushing our deadline.....but we'll wait.

We are asking for it to end like this.

In 2019, the Province of Quebec visited the option of banning private citizens from driving military vehicles on public road roads. These previously used vehicles have been auctioned off by the federal government for revenue generating purposes. They are the same vehicles that carried Canadians through WW11, supported our Peacekeeping and Cold War efforts from the 50's to today and most recently vehicles that carried our families into the middle east. Once purchased by private individuals or companies, the vehicles would be used for everything from hauling poatoes to hauling the Commander of the Canadian Army in hometown parades.

When the minister was asked why he reinstated licenses back to the same vehicles that brought Canada to one of the best places to be on the planet, his reply was, "Because it's 2019".
Old 17-09-19, 21:52

Default October crises 50th Anniversary

I wonder if this is a plan to get all of the MV's off the road in time to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the October crises? October 2020.

Eric
Old 18-09-19, 00:24

It sounds like you guys are doing a great job at straightening this problem out. I still have no idea what to do about my problem. Ive been looking into the "Canadian human rights act" what do you guys think I should be doing?

Edit: I removed a screenshot of Part 1 section 5 because it was too large..

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/.../fulltext.html
Old 18-09-19, 22:23
Terry Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick B View Post
It sounds like you guys are doing a great job at straightening this problem out. I still have no idea what to do about my problem. Ive been looking into the "Canadian human rights act" what do you guys think I should be doing?

I wonder how the Canadian Human Rights Act enters this conversation. That section deals with discrimination or denial on a Charter protection. The sentence is the operative one, "on a prohibited ground of discrimination".

Driving is a privilege not a right, and within the broad bounds of provincial jurisdictions there will always be variation. But, the Charter does allow for universality and equality between provinces. That would mean driving could not be prohibited completely while allowed in another province, unless so severe as to incur the notwithstanding clause.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1

Old 18-09-19, 23:53

Default Ferret Party

Quote:

We might need to start a new thread for this...maybe?

Have you had conversations with other Ferret owners?

I'm sure we have at least two Ferrets right here in Edmonton and I'm real sure they're Cold War historical vehicles that drive on our roads, sometimes under MP escort.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS2IGvFqFdw

Let's give birth to some new ideas and see what we come up with.
Tank gives birth is a good place to start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCN80PsdMR0

Seriously, our actions or lack there of will dictate how gov/ insurance / law guides the future for collectors. Getting a pile of folks onboard to paddle seems to help. What haven't you done or who haven't you contacted yet? Who has been in your corner and who do we need to get this fixed?

Have you gone public? Stories on the 'human interest' side to gain more public support is the guide we've been given. If the story is 'good for the greater public' and you have public support, push-back will be massive.....almost critical.

It's only my opinion that rolling history, under the correct maintenance is a benefit for the greater public. Locking them in museums limits their public exposure therefore not locking them in museums has a great public value.
We should push for status quo and bust these 'restriction' facades before they become our structure.

Just thinking out loud so these are only questions that leaked out and meant to open dialogue. How can we all paddle the canoe in the same direction?

What happens if we haul Alberta registered Ferrets to Penticton for their annual car show?
Does the RCMP enforce this new restricted Ferret ruling?
Does this affect tourism?

Is there a previous legal precedent set in B.C.? Were Ferrets registered before and if so, what changed?

There is a legal directorate to protect history in Canada. Does it apply in this case and is it being used?

Your question about human rights is part of a broad band question. Are the actions they are taking legal? Maybe the RCMP or Provincial Police don't know about this ban and would have someone that would investigate it, get back to you with info.

The the next thing that comes to mind is damages. There is a cost/ value to everything you've done to this point including the time spent fighting this. Are they prepared to cover damages in a lawsuit?

Does the Legion know you have a Ferret that could visit the boys on Friday nights?

Sometimes just calling up the local car clubs to talk about your challenge is enough to things shifted the right direction. https://www.sva.bc.ca/

What have we missed?

Culture and Heritage, Finance, Defence, existing museums with rolling stock, sports teams that need a mascot, Universities that teach history, business@thecanadianpress.com ?
Old 21-09-19, 01:59

the reason i bring up the Canadian human rights laws is because i am being refused a service that is provided to other people here in BC. ICBC has been informed that there are other ferrets here in BC registered with vintage plates but they do not care to acknowledge it. To me that is discrimination.

Discriminatory Practices

Denial of good, service, facility or accommodation

5 It is a discriminatory practice in the provision of goods, services, facilities or accommodation customarily available to the general public

(a) to deny, or to deny access to, any such good, service, facility or accommodation to any individual, or

(b) to differentiate adversely in relation to any individual,

on a prohibited ground of discrimination.

1976-77, c. 33, s. 5

I have spoken with more than one owner here in BC that have ferrets registered with vintage plates. They dont understand why i am having so much trouble.
The SVA tried to help me but couldnt.
I have basically run out of ideas that do not involve lawyers.
Old 21-09-19, 02:35

Last year i joined Western Command Military Historical Society. I have spoken with the Canadian Military Education Centre, the Speciality Vehicle Association Of BC, previous ICBC employees in upper positions that have registered ferrets in the past have spoken with ICBC on my behave and nothing has come from any of it.

Perhaps I should start a new thread. Sorry about derailing the original thread.
Old 21-09-19, 04:15
GM Fox I

The risk is they will go after the existing Ferret owners and refuse their registrations making you the bad guy.

Quote:
the reason i bring up the Canadian human rights laws is because i am being refused a service that is provided to other people here in BC. ICBC has been informed that there are other ferrets here in BC registered with vintage plates but they do not care to acknowledge it. To me that is discrimination.

Discriminatory Practices

5 It is a discriminatory practice in the provision of goods, services, facilities or accommodation customarily available to the general public

(a) to deny, or to deny access to, any such good, service, facility or accommodation to any individual, or

1976-77, c. 33, s. 5

I have spoken with more than one owner here in BC that have ferrets registered with vintage plates. They dont understand why i am having so much trouble.
Old 21-09-19, 05:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Parker View Post
The risk is they will go after the existing Ferret owners and refuse their registrations making you the bad guy.
I think that is one reason why im having a hard time getting any support from the community.
Unfortunately if we dont stand together, it will be a simple divide and conquer.

I am here to confirm that i have been refused registration so other owners are aware of what ICBC and CVSE are doing. what do the people here think should be done about it?
Old 23-09-19, 04:27
Terry Warner

Quote:

Discriminatory Practices

1976-77, c. 33, s. 5

Patrick, the clause you cite is the operative one for that body of legislation and its specific protections. Article 15 of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms deals with equality across the country, https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/csj-sj...eck/art15.html.

Jurisprudence noted by the Department of Justice's own page highlights one grounds as "Administrative action (e.g., the implementation of an otherwise non-discriminatory statute in a discriminatory way by government officials) (Little Sisters Book and Art Emporium v. Canada (Minister of Justice), [2000] 2 S.C.R. 1120)." This case dealt with a bookstore catering to gay and lesbian clients, and was charged under obscenity laws for selling printed materials. I think it was always in trouble with the Customs people who refused to allow importation of this material.

Despite my university level English, I was never clever enough to follow every part of the legal discussion in the website. But.... it would appear the the discrimination has to meet more than one test to be covered by this Section. We as vehicle owners are not in the same class of injury as citizens who may have suffered prolonged harsh treatment or discrimination on far worse grounds.

There is an equivalent Quebec charter. http://legisquebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/ShowDoc/cs/C-12 Part 1 Chapter 1 Paragraph 6. "Every person has a right to the peaceful enjoyment and free disposition of his property, except to the extent provided by law." The extent of the law put the permission to enjoy property into the hands of the government, and that is what they are doing regulating the issue or refusal to issue vehicle registrations. Being owners of one class of vehicle which has been singled out as something different might be a discriminatory practise.

Paragraph 12 continues, "12. No one may, through discrimination, refuse to make a juridical act concerning goods or services ordinarily offered to the public." The phrase ordinarily offered could likely be read as what was once done. As I read the rest of the Act and its articles, I did not see other language about property, but lots about legal and human rights.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1

Old 28-09-19, 00:28

Thanks for your insight Terry. I really dont know what to do. Im just grasping at straws as the saying goes.
Old 28-09-19, 02:03
Terry Warner

Spend some time researching a human rights lawyer who might know more about "stuff" and regulatory law, than knowing about slighted citizens. Then breath deep and spend some money. You'll get an answer whether you're in the game or not.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1

Old 10-10-19, 01:35

A special thanks to President Fisher and VP Witiuk of the OMVA. Their letter sent to Minister Bonnardel expresses very well the negative issues facing all collectors of military vehicles in Quebec but also those of other provinces who want to visit us.

Cheers
Old 10-10-19, 01:35
Terry Warner

Couldn't have said it more discretely. There is a way to write to a Minister that sets him up for a decision. The one thing missing is some more flowery phrasing in French, but it works nonetheless.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1

Old 11-10-19, 14:26

All , what’s that deadline of 2024 mentioned in Les ‘s letter and where does it come from , what official document please ?

That's scary/ crazy.
94 LSVW

Last edited by Robert Bergeron; 12-10-19 at 04:04.
Old 14-10-19, 20:10

Default Quebec Transport Ministry + MV Owners

Les and I have been communicating with a fellow by the name of Andre Dupuis on this matter. A good source of info on this issue is available on the Facebook page RECOURS COLLECTIF SAAQ VEHICULES MILITAIRE.
1943 GM HUA (Project)
1962 Daimler Ferret (Sold)
Old 11-02-20, 10:12

Default February sitrep

Let's bring this to the top again. Here's the current info link and new website for the folks in Quebec.
http://avmq.org/?page_id=554&lang=en

This is their current face off at center ice link.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1004...?ref=bookmarks

Current situation in Quebec still restricts MV usage for residents and I need a "Permit" if I travel to Quebec in an MV.
https://saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/transport...ravel-permits/

If you'd like to learn more these guys have it all figured out......just call them and ask. https://www.transports.gouv.qc.ca/en...-speciaux.aspx

Here's the fancy online pdf that describes the process. It's easy, just 28 pages of 'how to apply' for something that has nothing to do with HMV's......unless I missed something in the translation,
https://www.transports.gouv.qc.ca/en...e-user-gpm.pdf

These folks in Quebec are sure going for a ride. A ride to a stronger unified voice that will soon need some Tenors for backup.