MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 02-12-03, 23:06
Pops

Default Keith had a good weekend

On the weekend we held a vintage harvest day using old balers, binders , headers, tractors etc with the Blitz's putting on a show as well. Keith filmed the event for us and managed to drive three different Blitz's and ride in the carrier in the one day. His spirits were really going high until we did some hay carting, we were loading hay from one truck to the Blitz when my brother threw a bale of hay for Keith to catch, Keith didn't see it coming, and hit him in the head, Keith jumped and hit his head on the roof of the tunnel, Keith's expression changed drastically within seconds (hope you have recovered and the concussion wasn't too bad). His trusted friend Euan picked him up on Monday to take him home, hopefully Euan nursed him well enough to be recovered by the time he arrived home. Thanks again for your help Keith we got all our hay in and had two inches of rain overnight, and it's raining again this morning.

Max
Old 03-12-03, 00:04
Film maker, CMP addict

Default The (Dukes of) Hazard of Yass

Yep, you have to really keep an eye out in Yass when with the Hedge Bros... John was too strong and I didn't see it coming, so I now have 2 eggs on my head from the weekend - the other one from a tin shed roof when swinging up into the blitz.
It was fun driving the blitzes, especially the haycarting semi-trailer version... Also visited Ashley Wilson and found he has a similar rig for hay carting, only this one is a Chev.
Thanks, Max and Kathy for the weekend - the footage looks good and I'll recover I hope. I slept most of the way back in Euan's GMC ute.
We had almost 3 inches of rain here last night - some places near Melbourne had 5 inches - a once in a century event for us.

Quote:
Originally posted by Max Hedges
On the weekend we held a vintage harvest day using old balers, binders , headers, tractors etc with the Blitz's putting on a show as well. Keith filmed the event for us and managed to drive three different Blitz's and ride in the carrier in the one day. His spirits were really going high until we did some hay carting, we were loading hay from one truck to the Blitz when my brother threw a bale of hay for Keith to catch, Keith didn't see it coming, and hit him in the head, Keith jumped and hit his head on the roof of the tunnel, Keith's expression changed drastically within seconds (hope you have recovered and the concussion wasn't too bad). His trusted friend Euan picked him up on Monday to take him home, hopefully Euan nursed him well enough to be recovered by the time he arrived home. Thanks again for your help Keith we got all our hay in and had two inches of rain overnight, and it's raining again this morning.

Max

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern
Old 03-12-03, 00:11

Default Re: The (Dukes of) Hazard of Yass

Quote:
Originally posted by Keith Webb
Yep, you have to really keep an eye out in Yass when with the Hedge Bros... John was too strong and I didn't see it coming, so I now have 2 eggs on my head from the weekend - the other one from a tin shed roof when swinging up into the blitz.
Hey Keith,

You better remember to take a tin helmet with you next time, you never know what they'll do to you

Richard
Old 03-12-03, 10:20
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Lightbulb Make hay while the sun shines!

Hey, Max, you'll have to get Keith back to the farm in Autumn to help cut a load of wood. I'm sure, now that he's honed his reflexes on a working farm, that Keith won't have any problems if you flip him a twig or two of kindling!
Attached Images

Old 03-12-03, 11:33
Pops

Default gawd don't we look young

Where did you drag that picture from, you wouldn't believe that John is 51 abd Max is almost 50, just look at those sexy gumboots, and the hair doos, neither of them have that much hair any more nor is that colour.

Kathy

We bought that old blitz in about 1978, it was our main farm truck back then. We used to sneak along the roads from farm to farm. That load of wood was carted from a farm that John sold many years ago. The old blitz still goes so when Keith comes again we'll have to cut a load of wood for him to split for the winter. Bring along your favourite axe next time Keith.

Max
Old 03-12-03, 20:26
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Timber

OK, Max, just as long as John doesn't fling one of those logs at my head...

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern
Old 05-12-03, 06:33
Likes Wusty Old Twuks

Default That Aint the Hedges

That cant be Max and John, looks more like Starsky and Hutch from that seventies Yank cop show