MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-10, 01:02
RIP

Default Market survey

So, here's my dilemma. As many of you know I have been working on a book on Canadian softskins. The coverage is 1914 to 1945 with 85% covering the CMP. In addition to a history of softskins in Canada there is a huge section on all of the body styles, a chapter on decyphering data plates and more.

As it stands I have almost 300 pages crammed full with almost 1,000 images. In many case there are 3 images of most variants (Machinery "D", Machinery "D1"...) and, for items such as trailers, etc.. only 1 image per. I can stop here and flog the book for about $85.00/copy.

Optionally, I can increase the number of images with many CMP variants getting 6-8 photos (with many interior ashots) and trailers, etc.. going to 2-3. If I do this then I would have to go to 2 volumes of 200 pages with each volume selling for $59.95. The books would be quality printing, hard cover, 8.5 x 11' (A4) format. This option would see the books printed about 4-6 months apart. This option may allow me to add wheeled AFVs.

Finally, I can skip the printed book(s) and present the whole thing on CD. This option would allow me to sell the CD at $29.95.

Your thoughts are welcome, with the caveat that I may ignore all suggestions and do what I want.

Example of option 2 (draft)

Clive

Last edited by servicepub (RIP); 11-08-10 at 01:18. Reason: added images