MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > Your Relatives

Notices

Old 08-12-07, 21:45

Default SD&G Scouts&Snipers June 1945

I'm searching the ORIGINAL photo of 16 "SD&G Scouts & Snipers", to use the picture for identification of Glens in a much larger picture of 155 Glens at the same location.

The attached picture is made in early June 1945 on the green of the Fabritius- and Ruysdaelschool in Hilversum, the Netherlands. In the background is the bicycle shed of the Fabritiusschool.

The legal owner of this picture is Mr. G. Davis. The picture is - more than likely - published around the 80's (maybe) in a "SitRep Book".

The picture I have is a small printed (screen) version of the original and very blurry.

I compared the Glens in the picture with one of myself (155 Glens), but it was very difficult to get a clear identification.

It's almost for certain, that ALL the Glens in this picture are also in the one that I have. I need the original picture to make a positive identification of all the Glens.

IMPORTANT - About the names:
There's a list with 15 names instead of 16, so, there must be done a little more research . . . This is what I found out so far:

From back to front and from L to R:
EJ Bissonette C53869 - D McLennan (Listed is DJ MacLennan) C53644 - PA Grimes D86099 - Connolly, listed are CG Connolly C40267 and JJ Connolly B117185 - PJ Jeffery C35038 - L Shank B137889 - Unknown - WJ Deschenes Sgt C79308 - LT Greenly C442 - E Harten C53546 - Cybulski, nickname “Pops”, listed is J Cybulskie C70335 - Unknown - Geo. Davis Cpl, listed is GE Davis C53525 - AS Brokenshire Cpl B148883 - HB Hall Lt.
Attached Thumbnails
scouts&snipers194506.jpg