MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > The Wireless Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-14, 19:56

Default Microphone, Respirator No. 1

Thought I would post some images of one of these items, in case some of you out there were not aware of them.

This one is an NOS Canadian one, and from what I can find on the web, a No. 2 version was also produced and they seem to be capable of being fitted to more than one type of World War 2 Respirator. The microphone case is black bakelite (the brown tone is just incandescent light glare. The conical back of the case has the 'GE' logo cast into the end of the cone. The cable and No. 10 plug assembly has a yellow tag on it with red printing: Northern Electric Company Limited, POS 4115 CORD, MADE IN CANADA, PATENTED 1929

The face of the microphone case has a black 'C-Broad Arrow' stamp on it, along with a yellow circular stamp with some hard to read markings inside.

From what I can tell, this microphone is an open mic design. Once plugged in, it is always on. There is no press to talk switch on it at all. This would appear to limit the wireless equipment it could be used with, and finding that info on line is a bit of a challenge. If any one knows what Wireless Sets this mic was issued for, please let us know.

David
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mic. Resp. No. 1 A.JPG (78.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Mic. Resp. No. 1 B.JPG (83.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Mic. Resp. No. 1 C.JPG (78.9 KB, 5 views)