MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 31-03-05, 15:45
former Resident Historian

Default Ford, Windsor archives

Sandra Notarianni the Ford of Canada historian has e-mailed me at last and I thought it might be of interest:

Quote:
Hi David,
It's great to hear from you. I hope that life is treating you & your family well. Here things are somewhat subdued after the Centennial blowout for the past two years, but a purge of all the records Ford of Canada has in a retention facility (10,000 boxes) has necessitated a historical value assessment of the contents of each. Needless to say this is a time-consuming (and mucky) project, but it has yielded up some fascinating finds.

Yes, Windsor was building axles and gearboxes in 1940 - I will try to specify at which plant if I dig a little. I'll be in touch

then:

I know that there are a few "prototype" folders in the Military section, but am unsure as to whether or not they are Sid's - I will check for you. The only military contract I have is with the DND for "woody" wagons with bodies supplied by Iron Mountain, so if you have others I would surely be interested. Do you have anything at all on the 52-53 M-38's? Apart from a production # listing and a note from Sid to say we have nothing on them, I have nothing. They pop up frequently as restored items and I am unable to provide much to the owners. Sid stated that all the material was turned over to the DND after the contract was completed, but on calling the military archives there is of course nothing to be found.
Can anyone help over the M-38s please? What tidbits are there in the prototype folders?????

Last edited by David_Hayward (RIP); 31-03-05 at 19:11.