MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > WW2 Military History & Equipment

Notices

Old 25-11-14, 01:03

Default New Matthew Halton/HUP...

book, "Dispatches from the Front" authored by his son David, now for sale. Although I have not read it yet, it is most certainly on my Christmas list. See pic of the WPG. Free Press book section this last Sat. of Halton and his HUP. Cheers Rob
Attached Thumbnails
HUP 001.jpg   HUP 002.jpg  
1943 FAT/ 17 pounder
1941 C15 GS 2B1
Old 26-11-14, 07:33

Default My Christmas List too.....

There was a great interview with Peter Mansbridge and David Halton last month on the CBC, something you could probably google on the CBC web site. Sounds like a great book. I spoke with David last year on some fact finding mission. I think Phil Waterman and his BBC HUP were mentioned in the conversation. My Uncle Tom was a great friend of Mathew Halton's brother Seth. Both of them were Editors in the newspaper game and a great story was told, with in the family confines, of Seth and his womanizing antics! Mathew Halton's nephew is a good friend of mine and we go back 40 years. If you put him into a CBC WW11 Uniform....you'd have Mathew Halton. My 2 cents.....Robert
Old 26-11-14, 14:04

Default On my Christmas list as well

Hi Rob & Robert

All of the reviews are saying good things, about the subject and the author. Already ordered a copy for my wife to give me for Christmas. After 46 years we surprise each other with what we've given each other, the surprise is for the giver.

Looking forward to reading it, which will get me rereading the other books on BBC and CBC, i'll put together a bibliography of the books I've found that cover or touch on subject. While on the topic have there been any books on the Australian Broadcasting Company or New Zealand Radio, that I should be looking for? Bye the way what is the correct name for the later of these in the 1940s?

Cheers Phil
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com