MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Military Shows & Events

Notices

Old 18-04-03, 21:25
Art Johnson

Default 25th Annual "D DAY DODGERS" Reunion

From the newsletter of the 48th Highlanders of Canada Old Commrades Association)
25TH ANNUAL D - DAY DODGERS REUNION
The reunion is a three day affair. Registration is at the Orillia Legion, Branch 34 on Friday May 9. On Saturday May 10 there will be a memorial service at the Soldiers Memorial Hospital in Orillia at 10:30 A.M. We have arranged to place a wreath on the memorial in remembrance of all the Highlanders who served in Sicily and Italy. On July 10,2003 it will be sixty years since they went ashore at Pachino. Our Drill Team will represent us in the parade from the hospital back to the Legion. The Legion supplies buses to transport you from the legion to the hospital and back to the legion if you are unable to march. It is usually a good day and I have always enjoyed the parade and the friendship at the legion afterwards. We would like to have as many of our WW11 members as possible at the hospital to take part in the laying of the wreath.
It has been common practice for the various regiments to come forward when called and have their pictures taken.
If the weather is bad they conduct the services upstairs in the legion and cancel the parade.
Old 19-04-03, 02:07
M38A1 CDN3

Default D Day Dodgers

Art, are you aware that Jim Davidson, a Drill Team member of the 48th Highlanders' Old Comrades Association, has moved from Brampton up to the Gravenhurst area?

He has been invited to be the Reviewing Officer for 132 "Spitfire" Squadron, Royal Canadian Air Cadets, here in Brampton, as part of the 20th anniversary of the Squadron. He is a Past President of Branch 15, Royal Canadian Legion, Brampton and acted as Chairman of the Sponsoring Committee for the Squadron for many years.

If you have lost touch with him, and wish to contact him, I have that information available. (He will likely, as is his habit, attend in Orillia).

Regards

Jon
Old 19-04-03, 05:37
Art Johnson

Default Jim Davidson

Jon I am not aware that Jim has moved but he is pretty good at staying in touch with the Old Timers. I'll check and get back to you.

Cheers

Art