MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Carrier Forum

Notices

Old 25-05-06, 02:08

Question Suspention Spring Question

Does anyone out there know about the different spring lengths on an LP2 Aust. carrier, I have 2 different lengths of outter & inner springs, what goes where??? I thought the longer (heavier) coils would go on the front suspention units as they support more weight, they have a different part number in the manuals. Anyone have any idea????

Also the guide rods, have some with a bulge in the middle to centre the support plate, and some smooth all the way along so the plates are not located centre & will self centre- are these interchangable or do they need to go on a certain corner.

This carrier came dissasembled so I am unsure of where it all came from......

Rob
Old 27-05-06, 06:49

Default carrier springs

Hi Rob,
The longersprings, go on the front of the guide rod the reason being that the disc fits at the rear of the larger diameter section of the guide rod so therefor if the shorter spring is placed there it balances out the length. if you fit them the other way around with the longer spring at the rear you will not beable to reasemble back on to the bogie I have been busy here today pressing out axles so that I can take the wheels to get retyred
only two more to do,
Ron,
Old 28-05-06, 11:05

Default wheels & springs

Good on ya Ron, was going to ring u this week end & come down & see how u were going. I will send a couple of wheels off also have that new one ready to go for profiling. Got the rear hubs on this morning, am sending off a batch of bitz to the sandblasters next week.

Rob