MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 21-12-07, 16:36
Vets Dottir 2nd

My rain dancing worked but maybe I danced too long and hard if there's too much rain for you folks ... sorry ... will try a reverse / dancing backwards dance to see if that helps you-all ...............

okay ... so I found a bag of dead batteries and tried them all to find a pair with a little juice ... did so ... and was actually able to take some pics ... wasn't prepared ready posed for pics, but here's a start of a few until I get to the store and buy new batteries (it appears it IS the batteries as problem!!! Whew!)

Baaskets in disarray ... I put some things from it in the fridge, as things melting, so will wait til new batteries for better pics... meanwhile have fun ....

Ma
Old 21-12-07, 16:41
Vets Dottir 2nd

Christmas Gift Baskets in disarray ...... do note the yummies in the lower right corner you Hedge's folks
Attached Thumbnails
christmas baskets.jpg  
Old 21-12-07, 16:43
Vets Dottir 2nd

Me Wee Ma Yappy Xmas Tree from my friend Jade ........ still needs finishing decorating ... a little sad but will look better and happier when I'm done!
Attached Thumbnails
wee tree 2007.jpg  
Old 21-12-07, 16:52
Vets Dottir 2nd

I'd rather be somewhere like this ... away from the cold and snow
Attached Thumbnails
2007 acrylics exercise.jpg  
Old 23-12-07, 01:04
Vets Dottir 2nd

Hi. Well ... just back from store with new batteries which I'll test out soon.

Meanwhile, was upset and blown away to find out that the other tenants (the one/s I keep having glitches with that help themselves and don't consider other tenants then get ugly when nicely talked to about it) actually came up my private stairs and door steps to handle my parcels and read labels and things ... they also go in my mailbox and handle my mail. They may just be checking "is this for me and delivered by mistake?" although my gut tells me no ... they also have an assorted lot of visitors (relatives and friends) sometimes drunk and/or stoned and kinds hungry lookin' so and I know for a fact that some operate not quite aboveboard etc One guy parked in my private parking spot, his obviously newly spray painted black vehicle with odd body parts (mustang fenders on a little boxy car, small skylight which I saw he and another breaking open to get in the car, and no plates and argued with me that he had to part there so the cops couldn't see the vehicle ARGUED WITH ME!!! Geez Louise ... so ... what a pain. Great my parcels stayed ... but I do know that the neighbors in the next house saw them and were keeping an eye on them for me (maybe that's REALLY why my parcels didn't disappear? I wonder. I don't know. Am just not trusting as have seen visitors checking in mailbioxes too. ...

Mail ... considering all ... it's ALWAYS best to let me know when you've mailed something my way and when its likely to arrive so I can know to watch.

I'm still blown away that the parcels were just left. Why did I not hear the doorbell (did they ring or knock? I wouldn't hear a knock unless very loud, with two doors and an entryway between them? Doorbell is EXTREMELY LOUD in my wee place ... so much so I've almost disconnected it several times but don't always hear knocks

All for this whinging post ........ may have pics to post soon ...

Ma
Old 23-12-07, 01:15
Vets Dottir 2nd

PS: Should also mention that I have had mail, occassionally, like cards types envelopes, with their edges torn, just enough to see whats inserted in the envelope. It's a mystery how and where the "torn" happened between sender and me and I don't know if something was ever removed or not.
Old 23-12-07, 07:03
Pops

Default batteries

perhaps your hearing aid batteries need replacing so you can hear the door bell next time
Old 23-12-07, 07:40
Vets Dottir 2nd

Default Re: batteries

Quote:
Originally posted by Max Hedges
perhaps your hearing aid batteries need replacing so you can hear the door bell next time
Perhaps you're right

(Sometimes when I fall into an exhausted deep sleep, NOTHING and NO ONE can wake me. The sleep of the dead )

Ma
Old 26-12-07, 02:51
Vets Dottir 2nd

6:40 P.M. and currently waiting on a roast ... tossed in all sorts of veggies and things, potatoes, carrots, brussels sprouts, onions, mushrooms, turnip, maybe a thing or two else, a one pot wonder easy dinner ... small sirloin stuffed with tons of garlic and not a thing else to alter the taste ... except pepper Will salt later ... on my plate, on top of the yummy pan gravy I plan on making

Had a surprize voicemail from a neighbor inviting me over for traditional turkey dinner and all the fixin's if I could make it over and eating time is ... Nice invite, but had to pass. As it is it's taken me all day (verra flared) to get in good enough shape to be able to be able to get my dinner on the go ... and i must say ... the roasting smells very good and making me very hungry.

Looking forward to the meal (haven't cooked aroast in decades and have no idea if I'm doing it right Time will tell ... am very much looking forward to leftover roast beef sandwiches.

Christmas day very quiet with lotsa resting and tv channel surfing waiting for readiness tackling dinner, which is happening late in the day/evening ... I expect ready before 7:30 ... had a few calls from family and friends, a few emails from friends ... nice day

Will properly take some pics of baskets goodies, maybe not tonight, and will pot 'em soon .........

Ma
Old 26-12-07, 03:02
Vets Dottir 2nd

PS ... let's hope I don't have to offer up the roast to you folks to retread your tires with (I hope it will edible and chewable. Will let you know. Too lazy to read up on the "how-to" of it's cookin' today and toss my trust to luck)
Old 26-12-07, 03:25
Vets Dottir 2nd

YUM!!! I eat now ... to heck with gravy, the sauce looked and tasted so great that I drizzled it all over the roasted whole veggies and beef. Beef more cooked than I prefer, but the good news is that I can get my teeth through it quite nicely thank you very much ... success ... so get your tire retread materials elsewhere because my roast is more than tastey and edible and I'm going to keep it for myself
Old 03-01-08, 00:33
Vets Dottir 2nd

FINALLY .... after fiddling yet again with my camera I was able to take some pics of the gifts baskets "stuff" today Some bits are MIA (eaten and containerss tossed, things like the lobster, crab, and other pates )

A couple of special pics with a special MLU reference ... you'll see

Bear with me while I try to upload them, one at a time, as I may have to alter the sizes of some then retry uploading before they will take. I have quite a few ... so keep watching

BTW ... regards the absolutely delightful and delicious dark chocolate covered espresso beans ... I do NOT recommend anyone with cavities to bite them ... the coffee beans have quite hard and splinter into sharp bits. They're awesome surprize contrasts between chocolate and then to hit the coffee bean taste. The chocolate, melted off the bean in the mouth is pretty yummy too

Okay ... first attempted pic upload ...........
Attached Images

Old 03-01-08, 00:43
Vets Dottir 2nd

Another pic ........ this one should come through with just the Kodak cropping ... neat pic of gifts within the baskets that somehow refer to MLU
Attached Images

Old 03-01-08, 00:44
Vets Dottir 2nd

Anudder one ............. Self explanatory pics. Right?
Attached Thumbnails
gifst suitcase and calendars.jpg  
Old 03-01-08, 01:02
Vets Dottir 2nd

gifts within ...... some things MIA as eaten and containers tossed things like the lobster and crab and other pates etc )
Attached Images

Old 03-01-08, 01:07
Vets Dottir 2nd

Don't understand what I'm doing wrong ....
Old 03-01-08, 02:01
Vets Dottir 2nd

I wanted to post this one AFTER all the others were posted ... to show you what use I've put the giftbasket/suitcase to. It's a perfect special storage container!!!

I call it my MLU IN A SUITCASE aka My MLU Treasure Chest ............
Attached Images

Old 03-01-08, 02:06
Vets Dottir 2nd

What the outside looks like ... awesome, isn't it?
Attached Images

Old 03-01-08, 02:11
Vets Dottir 2nd

Calendars officially opened and begun 2008! They will go back on the walls ... just put them in the basket to keep them with the gidts for show and tell
Attached Thumbnails
resized calendars.jpg