MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Carrier Forum

Notices

Old 06-08-10, 09:42
Alastair McMurray

Default Loyd TPC

Chaps,
I managed to visit a guy yesterday who has a 1941/42 No1Mk2 Loyd TPC tucked away in a shed on his farm in England, it is in great condition, only missing, dash, front armour, fuel tanks and a section of the rear chassis due to the fitment of a diesel engine some time between 1945 and 1980ish when the current owner brought it from a farm auction. It has been converted to a plough with a draw bar integrated into the back of the chassis, thus there is a lot of work to bring the rear back to original condition.
It has the circular holes in the road wheels which all have perfect rubber, but this isn't a surprise as it has lived at the back of a pitch black brick shed since it was brought back in the early 80s.
It's not forsale and the owner wants to remain anonymous, but I can't see anything wrong with posting a couple of photos which may help with Loyd knowledge. I shall keep asking if he wants to sell however reading the owner and the huge collection of old farm machinery that he has I don't think it will ever get the attention it deserves as he has SO MUCH else to get on with, but he has saved it for us all this far, so he must be thanked for that.

Amazingly the farmers father was around, he had driven Loyds during the war, so I had a nice chat with him!

Under Restoration:
1944 No2 MK2 Loyd Carrier - Tracked Towing
1944 Ford WOT6 Lorry

The Loyd on Facebook

Last edited by ajmac; 06-08-10 at 12:57.
Old 06-08-10, 09:53
Alastair McMurray

A couple of poor photos, there was a lot of airborn dust and no light.
The owner would like to know when it was made and which company made it, I've seen that type of road wheel before and Wolsley was mentioned, however the War Dept number stanped on the data plate is rather odd and not one covered in Nigels book: CT65563 doesn't that make it issued to the Canadians? It not only states TPC on the data plate is also still has the hull fittings for the drivers bench seat although a truck seat has been installed in the photo. Any ID info let me know and I'll speak to the owner.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0080.jpg   DSCN0098.jpg  

Under Restoration:
1944 No2 MK2 Loyd Carrier - Tracked Towing
1944 Ford WOT6 Lorry

The Loyd on Facebook

Last edited by ajmac; 06-08-10 at 10:09.
Old 06-08-10, 14:15
Adrian Barrell

I have T65563 listed in contract TM5406 covering 474 TPC no1 mk2.(T65441-T65914)

Also in that contract are 287 TS&C no1 and no2, T65915-T66201 and 239 TT no2, T66202-T66440.

This contract was issued to Mr V Loyd himself.
Old 06-08-10, 22:04

Hello Alastair,

Wow, great find. I hope you can talk him into selling. It certainly deserves to be rescued by a proper military vehicle enthousiast so it can be restored as a military vehicle. Not a converted plough tractor.

Cheers,

Marc van Aalderen