MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Carrier Forum

Notices

Old 29-10-13, 08:32

Default Toggle switch

Does anyone have a rear lamp-axle flood lamp change over switch for a MK2 carrier for sale. I guess it should be an on/off switch with three terminals like a dip switch. I see Dirk Leegwater has a selection of toggle switches on his Canadian trucks page with applications not stated? Also any images of the tail lamp and switch panel on a Stacy attachment carrier would be great.

Thanks Ron
Old 30-10-13, 16:51

Default "RED" and "WHITE" C31UCW Stacey equipped

If someone could please post or otherwise send an image of an original C31UCW Stacey towing attachment tie bar and tail light bracket assembly? In particular showing detail of the toggle switch mounted on the inside that selects between the tail lamp and convoy lamp. This switch may reveal a "RED" and "WHITE" name plate option? Ron and I have been discussing this, but have come up short on the correct detail of the original factory item.
Attached Thumbnails
Stacey tie bar and tail light bracket assembly credit.jpg   Stacey tie bar and tail light bracket assembly MM.jpg  

Last edited by Michael R.; 30-10-13 at 17:12.
Old 08-11-13, 21:25

With lots of information from Michael R and some excellent photo's from Shaun Hindle and a toggle switch from Dirk Leegwater and lamp and red/white plates from Brian Asbury, my rear lamp and change over switch is now fairly accurate. Still working on the axle flood lamp and white disc. Ron
Attached Thumbnails
Carrier 239.jpg  
Old 11-11-13, 09:19

My Carrier has both a light on the rear of the vehicle featuring the red and white switch, and one on the Towing attachment which is not connected up and does not feature a switch.

Does this suggest that my Carrier although a Mk11* was originally built without a towing attachment.
Attached Thumbnails
Carrier Light 2.jpg   Carrier Light.jpg  
Old 11-11-13, 18:20

Neil. So you have two rear lamps? I don't know enough to comment on your carrier. I can send you the pictures that Shaun sent me for the set up on a carrier fitted with Stacey towing attachment. Ron
Old 11-11-13, 18:54

Only the one on the rear of the vehicle is wired in and the one on the towing attachment still has the waxed paper on the wiring suggesting it has never been used.
Old 11-11-13, 21:25

Neil it definitely sound to me like your towing attachment has been added at a later date. Your choice now which way to go. At least we now have pictures of how it's fitted up for the Stacey equipment. Ron
Old 02-12-14, 11:28

Does any of you have a rearlight assembly as on the attached drawing? I never saw it but this should be valid for Universal Mk.II and Mk.III and I think that I have exactly this on my carrier (well remains of this).
As seen on the attached picture (will send better one evening), there are two diagonal holes on the backplate which, I suppose, are for mounting of the toggle switch box and both lights. On my carrier also back section of the wiring pipes survived so as the clamps pos. 74 and 61.
So I think that switch box should be mounted on the inner side of the backplate with rear lamp (left on the drawing) facing backwards just out of the the backplate and axle flooding lamp (right on the drawing) facing under the vehicle.
Im I right?
And one more stupid question - what is the exact purpose of the axle flooding lamp? Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
taillamp.jpg   rear.jpg  
Old 02-12-14, 16:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petr Brezina View Post
And one more stupid question - what is the exact purpose of the axle flooding lamp? Thank you!
This part solved
Old 02-12-14, 22:57

Better picture
Attached Thumbnails
taillight.jpg