MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > Post-war Military Vehicles

Notices

Old 27-05-15, 03:36
Tony VAN RHODA

Default Interesting project

Hi All

A mate of mine recently did a trip up north and saw this vehicle, unloved and needing some TLC. He knew I was involved in military vehicles and thought it could be of interest to club members. It is situated in what looked like a vehicle graveyard on the edge of Peterborough, South Australia. The motor, drive train and dash is missing but the bonnet and mudguards are in the rear. The body and rear appears to be in good condition. It could be an interesting project that will occupy someone's time for a while. Should go cheap.

Cheers

Tony
Attached Thumbnails
Land Rover Ambulance Peterborough 2015 (1).jpg   Land Rover Ambulance Peterborough 2015 (3).jpg   Land Rover Ambulance Peterborough 2015 (4).jpg   Land Rover Ambulance Peterborough 2015 (5).jpg   Land Rover Ambulance Peterborough 2015 (6).jpg  

Old 27-05-15, 04:33
Blitzed

Looks like a series 2A ambulance. Did he get the chassis no.?
Old 27-05-15, 10:03
Tony VAN RHODA

Default Ambulance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Looks like a series 2A ambulance. Did he get the chassis no.?
Hi Ryan

Unfortunately no. I will have to train him up correctly to photograph all signage. numbers and plate details in future. He travels in the bush regularly and is always looking out for stuff of interest.

Cheers

Tony
Old 27-05-15, 15:24

Default Hybrid

About three years ago I was travelling through Peterborough on the way to Corowa and encountered that same vehicle in a mechanic's business yard.

It is a 2 A Land Rover ex Ambulance crudely grafted onto a Toyota LandCruiser chassis complete with Toyota firewall, steering and Diesel engine.

Apparently the project lapsed because it wouldn't pass registration and there was money owing for work done by the mechanic...

I was offered the whole thing for a reasonable price but it was way too far from home to seriously consider

I did manage to buy the internal blanket box out of it but lost the contact details while I was at Corowa

Regards

Phill
Old 28-05-15, 02:18
Tony VAN RHODA

Default Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliphastings View Post
About three years ago I was travelling through Peterborough on the way to Corowa and encountered that same vehicle in a mechanic's business yard.

It is a 2 A Land Rover ex Ambulance crudely grafted onto a Toyota LandCruiser chassis complete with Toyota firewall, steering and Diesel engine.

Apparently the project lapsed because it wouldn't pass registration and there was money owing for work done by the mechanic...

I was offered the whole thing for a reasonable price but it was way too far from home to seriously consider

I did manage to buy the internal blanket box out of it but lost the contact details while I was at Corowa

Regards

Phill
Hi Phill

Thanks for the update. I was wondering why it hadn't been snaffled up, my friend who took the photos said he had seen it some time on a earlier trip up north. I suppose it could be used for parts.

Cheers

Tony