MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Restoration Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-14, 23:49

Default Need Picture of Left Front Engine Shield

Hi All

My Pat 12 was missing the left inner panel that gives access to generator from under the left front fender and I need some photographs so I can fabricate a new one.

W Pat 12 Nose Change Details 032.jpg

The truck is running great and the engine overheating problem seems to be solved. Now I'm working on the Driver Over Heating problem and trying to understand the cooling of the engine compartment. We have all seen pictures of Pat 11s & 12s operating in the desert without hood or upper side panels, but I'm coming to believe that this may actually make cab over heating worse not better. My logic for this is that with out all the panels in place the air from the fan is allowed to escape without blowing past the engine in the dog house and pushing the heat out and back under the cab.

Here are some photos of the Cab all repainted.

W Pat 12 Nose Change Details 025.jpg W Pat 12 Nose Change Details 026.jpg W Pat 12 Nose Change Details 033.jpg

W Pat 12 Nose Change Details 034.jpg

I spent an afternoon driving the truck around the back roads of town with the air temp in the mid 80sF/30C and the engine did NOT overheat either driving up long grades in 3rd gear or running along flat ground in 4th. I have fabricated new door hooks so that I can drive with the doors open to scoop air into the cab which helps with the driver over heating.

Hope somebody has a photo of the inner panel in their collection. I've searched through all the photos that Bob sent me a couple years ago and have not found a picture yet.

Cheers Phil
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com

Last edited by Hanno Spoelstra; 12-09-14 at 23:38. Reason: formatting