MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Armour Forum

Notices

Old 01-11-06, 12:59

Default SAR Organisation / Camoflage

Hi all,

Newish member delurking to ask some questions that I hope some people out there might be able to answer.

I'm a wargamer/Modeller in the UK and having just read D. Graves excellent book on the SAR I have been inspired to try and base a new FOW army on them.

I was wondering what colours they should be painted? Did Canadian armoured unit use the standard green & black camo used by British units or did they have their own schemes?

Secondly, I know that the SAR recieved their first Fireflys in Sept 44, but were they an addition to 3 tank troops, or did they replace a sherman V in 4 tank troops?

Any links or recommendations of further reading would also be greatly appreciated

Thanks in anticipation

Alex Hickman
Old 05-11-06, 14:23

Default sar colours

Hi Alex,

If I’m not mistaken then the SAR only used one colour with no camouflage on their "A" vehicles (tanks etc.) their "B" vehicles might have been camouflaged (trucks etc.) But I'm sure our more knowledgeable members have definite answers.

I see this is your first post, I have to apologize for the slow response, this normally doesn't happen.

Wim

p.s. what does FOW mean?
Old 07-11-06, 14:04

Thanks very much for the info Wim,

Should make them nice and easy to paint, I know some one who has been tearing his hair out with german ambush patterns.

FOW stands for Flames Of War, a set of rules for company scale wargaming by a New Zealand company, Battlefront.

Alex