MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 09-06-04, 23:15
Commonwealth NOT Europe

Default PC gone nuts

As some of you may know the most frightening thing that Master .N of the Delete Key could imagine, the Euro2004 soccer tournament is almost upon us.......and with it a large number of people flying the Flag of St. George from houses, cars etc.
Now some police and local authorities are demanding the removal of said flags as being ' an incitement to racial hatred'
Whatever the reason they are being flown, NOBODY has the right to tell an Englishman that he can't fly his flag.......I've been out and put two on my car just to spite them, even though I'm not a great soccer fan.
Attached Images

A wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age!! (Meatloaf)
Old 10-06-04, 07:53
Richard Notton

Default Re: PC gone nuts

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveCox
and with it a large number of people flying the Flag of St. George from houses, cars etc.
Now some police and local authorities are demanding the removal of said flags as being ' an incitement to racial hatred'
Unless you're Scottish or Welsh, when the Govt positively encourages you to assert your identity.
However, most of the "football" flags are defaced versions with added black lions en passant and "England" in a Germanic script along the horizontal bar.

Perhaps then the fuzz should nick all the Churches of England who ALWAYS fly a St. George Cross daily. As HM Queen takes on Fid. Def. as constitutional prerequsite of the job and is Head of The Church of England, this would make an interesting court case.

Quote:
Whatever the reason they are being flown, NOBODY has the right to tell an Englishman that he can't fly his flag.......I've been out and put two on my car just to spite them, even though I'm not a great soccer fan.
Being still a subject of HM Queen and of English extraction, I'd happily stand up in court and argue the correctness of paying due deference to my reigning monarch and flying the flag of Her country.

I note the serving members of the armed forces here do not swear an oath of allegiance to, or formally toast Blair, the Govt or the EU, but to HM Queen Elizabeth II, who is the Commander in Chief of all the services.

R.
Simmering.
Old 10-06-04, 08:02
Commonwealth NOT Europe

Default Re: Re: PC gone nuts

Quote:
Originally posted by FV623
Being still a subject of HM Queen and of English extraction, I'd happily stand up in court and argue the correctness of paying due deference to my reigning monarch and flying the flag of Her country.

I note the serving members of the armed forces here do not swear an oath of allegiance to, or formally toast Blair, the Govt or the EU, but to HM Queen Elizabeth II, who is the Commander in Chief of all the services.

R.
Simmering. [/B]
I took that oath, and stick by it..........till the bitter end.

' We shall fight them on the beaches........and in the polling booths of today.......'

Old 10-06-04, 09:23
Richard Notton

Default Re: Re: Re: PC gone nuts

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveCox
I took that oath, and stick by it..........till the bitter end.
And me too in the late 50's for the school CCF even, and it is a serious matter.
Quote:
' We shall fight them on the beaches........and in the polling booths of today.......'
Here's the view from the Shirell Heath Signals Office window today, I don't have far to go in order to register my vote for a sovereign England. I'm doing that next after this T and Mrs.Notton has already done hers before going to work.

R.
SH.SC.
Unofficial & semi-legal patriot.
Loyal subject of Elizabeth II R., Queen of England.
Attached Thumbnails
100504 voting.jpg  
Old 10-06-04, 12:24
Commonwealth NOT Europe

Duty done, and in the correct and proper manner