MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Restoration Forum

Notices

Old 28-10-17, 02:37

Default Help wanted on Continental engine parts and info.

Hello guys, sorry if this is in the wrong place but seemed like most sensible place to leave this.

Anyways, hi, I am restoring a ww1 Halley truck ( it has it's own thread over at HMVF, Halley restoration) i am in good progress with her so far and6 I am hoping to have this drivable for May 2018.

It started off as a trailer house when I got it, and since then have managed to reproduce all the missing parts.

I was unable to find an original engine from this make so was offered what we believe to be a Continental engine ( pictures to follow) but this engine is really just basic castings, cam shaft, crank, and some other smaller parts, but missing many important things like con rods ect.

So, I thought I would put out a help request here as I don't seem to be having any luck in the uk with parts or even info on this, all engine plates are missing, but there is an engine number stamped on case, starting with letters R U , not sure if this is type or not?

Hopefully some of you guys here can help me with info or even better, sourcing the parts I need to get this engine running again.

Thanks for taking the time to read through all this

(Photos to follow as I appear to be struggling with uploading them, might be due to first post )
Old 28-10-17, 04:27
WO8 C15A 142736

Your photos may be too large, resize them in edit or email them to yourself to reduce them and try again.
Old 28-10-17, 08:55

Welcome Dan, just to let you know that your resto and search for an engine has been mentioned on MLU before, hope you have better luck this time!

http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=20023

Rich.

Last edited by Hanno Spoelstra; 28-10-17 at 11:09. Reason: fixed link