MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 16-01-10, 09:14
Lionel G. Evans

Default CMPs in Argentina?

Hello MLU-ers,

I was doing some searchers for CMP images and found this interesting site. An Argentinean (?) web site about hobbies and also shows scenery and boats then somehow starts to feature at least three series of photographs about different CMP trucks in various states of repair. You have to scroll down a long way into the document before the trucks appear. The three trucks are scattered through the whole site.

One of the photos will look very familiar to Keith W.

Accessed Saturday, 16 January 2010 from http://www.sardonio.com.ar

Kind Regards
Lionel
Series III ex-Military Land Rovers x 2
Old 16-01-10, 12:36
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Nice job

They did a nice job on that yellow F 60L..They put in a 221CID V8 out of a Ford Falcon..completely rebuilt the axles and diffs..new bearings and brakes..
And who knows what mods..Interesting site..
Old 16-01-10, 14:02
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Blair View Post
They did a nice job on that yellow F 60L..They put in a 221CID V8 out of a Ford Falcon..completely rebuilt the axles and diffs..new bearings and brakes..
And who knows what mods..Interesting site..
The Ford Falcon 221 is a Straight 6. There was a Ford 221 V8, but it was long gone by the time the Falcon arrived.

I see too they speak the International Language Of Loving CMP's: "dinero tiempo y dinero."

...... And wow, Keefy's Sigvan is famous throughout Argentina!!
Old 16-01-10, 14:58
Michael Snetsinger

Default translation - sorta close

translation - sorta close
Quote:
Aug 4
the truck a year later!

The plan was simple. We leave the truck to the tinkerer. I gave directions on how to cut, to leave, color and details grales. The engine mechanic to do it nvo and went on holiday with a group of friends to Brazil. (I had sold my bike for $ 14000) and thought I could spare.
I returned after 20 days in advance plater had taken the total work while it was and of course did nothing. The mechanic had prob with the motor, had not started. That started it all.

After years of shying away with motorcycles. I had several to restore and I won the mechanics for fatigue. I sold them all in the same state in which I got. I only have one year jawa thirty-something 8 years ago and do disarmament paint engine and still I can not finish arming, after passing for 5 mechanical guard have done for months (listening quartet, taking hot coca hoping that in my 8 hours deign to work a few minutes in my project)

with such experience could not allow another frustration. So I remove my clothes and heeding the words of my father take the initiative to do things for myself. So I went to the shop every day on duty. And fatigue obliges them to work on my truck. Do not let them ever quiet. I wanted to run. It was the only way forward.

At gunpoint you remove the truck to tinkerer. (Everything I had to make myself nvo.'d Painted on the fat and ground 60. Was nvo start) I buy a compressor. pistol. spatulas sandpaper and harassed while the mechanic to assemble the engine I take up painting. (70% sand and 15% putty spatula 15 paintings. The time I mean)

I put a Ford falcon engine 221. I did completely nvo. carburetor. bombs. gums. bearings belts .... all nvo. (I never wanted more if possible)
FAE adapt him a box of fifth
legs made engine was introduced and placed.
all this in a time of approximately 6 months to watch, fat, scraper and sandpaper without forgetting the amount of negative reviews it received all the time on the engine and its torque. They all feel! everyone knows! littles ...

engine came with the clutch also adapted. donkey. alternator. radiator. bearings. spreaders. cardan. screws and more screws. turner turner and more. money, time and money. This is what restoration. Not to mention your patience, the kinks and roasts.
It had been 7 months. My bike was gone. The earnings of the season, one checks, cards and anything .... still far away.

Lacked many details. And you had to follow or silver would be thrown.
With my background that few believed it would end.
It ended with the engine. We rested while we were standing brakes, paint, adjust pedals, power ... but still nothing was known. I had not moved. The tension was high.
Finally the day arrived. With brakes NVOs in full, free, and all connected exhaust left to prove.

right hand drive. lever to the left. huge pedal travel. unknown distance to red cards. The checkbook exhausted .... and me out ...
incredible, against all odds working. A pleasure, perfect alignment was out. All the changes came in, the clock motor. The brakes perfect. .. He walked!

Here are some pictures of those difficult times. Now they are worse, there are qu
Old 16-01-10, 17:33
Kostas

Quote:
Originally Posted by meduffer View Post
here are some pictures of those difficult times. Now they are worse....

Click image for larger version

Name:	argent_camion_1.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	32646Click image for larger version

Name:	argent_camion_2.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	32647Click image for larger version

Name:	argent_camion_4.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	32648Click image for larger version

Name:	argentine_camion_3.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	32649Click image for larger version

Name:	argentine_camion_5.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	32650
Old 16-01-10, 17:40
Kostas

Quote:
Originally Posted by meduffer View Post
here are some pictures of those difficult times. Now they are worse....
Click image for larger version

Name:	argent_camion_6.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	32651Click image for larger version

Name:	argent_camion_7.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	32652Click image for larger version

Name:	argent_camion_8.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	52.9 KB