MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Military Shows & Events

Notices

Old 29-06-14, 01:18

Default Text removed as information is no longer current

Text removed as information is no longer current

Last edited by Stuart Fedak; 22-10-17 at 23:52.
Old 29-06-14, 02:07
carrier mech

Where do you think the C1 and the Bofors are coming from?

Rob Love is going to be there, along with several other members of Prairie Command. It's just that Rob Love doesn't like being interviewed for newspaper articles that he is not in the Wpg Free Press.

The reunion runs from Thursday the 24th but I will likely be there a day or two earlier setting up mod for us to stay in, and prepping the MG pits.

There is a track around our location so we will be doing moving displays as well. I have been busy preparing my carrier for this event....in fact I was just heading out to the shop now to do linkage adjustments. I had the engine running earlier today, and it's all starting to come together. What I really need is for all the rain we have been having to take a day or two break so I can get some paint onto the engine covers, skirts, and a bunch of boxes I just got from midwest military.

Ed James, another local enthusiast, will be there, and he is a camera hound. No doubt I will have several dozen of his photos to show the Manitoba vehicles.
Old 29-06-14, 05:20
carrier mech

Other forum members who will be there include Derk Derin and Gordon Falk.

It has been a very wet year...hopefully the sun comes out for the end of July. As I mentioned, I am setting up a modular for members to stay in, but as a backup I'll have my 5/4 ton van in case the bugs get too bad.
Old 08-08-14, 17:29

Default One War and One Generation Apart

Thought you might be interested in these two vehicles that made it to the show. Photos made available thanks to Ewan Booth.

David
Attached Thumbnails
WW1 Amb.jpg   Derk's medical jeep.jpg  
Old 08-08-14, 19:23
carrier mech

I brought my camera and didn't take any shots until it was time to go home. Here are some shots of my carrier on the trailer heading out.

We had 43 vehicles and guns on the Saturday parade. There were vehicles from both Manitoba groups, along with the RCA museum, a couple of individual collectors, and even a couple of US collectors who brought their John Deer tractor tanks to the show.

I talked with one of the organizers who was going to have their photographer forward me many of the photos he took, including aerial shots. I'll update the thread when they show up.

If you go to you tube, there are also some videos that include our participation. Check this link out. Military vehicles are primarily in around the 10:30 mark. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiO9vyPUK-c
Attached Thumbnails
bren carrier loaded 005.jpg   bren carrier loaded 003.jpg   bren carrier loaded 004.jpg  
Old 22-08-14, 04:02

Default Photos of Austin, Manitoba

Here are some photos of the event. This was the first time my old truck has participated in an actual military vehicle show. Nice change from parking at the A&W or other car shows. The poor truck looked more in place, although had the "used" look more than the others there. Hey, I had to scrape the mud off and retouch the paint the day prior to the show. It's been driving the trails for the last year. Who needs an ATV..the M37 is the ultimate ATV..better now that I have two new batteries and brakes!
Attached Images

Old 22-08-14, 04:04

Default more photos

met Rob Love and a few other newest "best friends" in Austin.
Attached Images

Old 22-08-14, 04:13

Default more photos of Austin...

I even met Rob Love and others who will be my newest best friends....I think? as long as I bring cash...
Attached Images

Old 22-08-14, 04:22
carrier mech

Ewen: You are too critical of your truck. It looked fine, and every bit as worthy as any of the others at this event.

We were invited back for next year by the organizer who promised if we did, he would find a corner for the military stuff. I had a good time, although overall it was exhausting between getting ready, loading and unloading my 7 vehicles, and another 6 for the RCA museum.

Thanks for taking photos. That is one of my many shortcomings.
Old 22-08-14, 04:42

Default quick

The print wasn't even dry before Rob gets on here....Hahaha . Hey I like the look of it looking like I just drove in off an exercise. With the brush strokes standing out, slight rust, and dents looking like it has been used. The windshields have to be replaced and the brother in laws just volunteered a window or two from their old combine sitting in the field to supply the glass. I want to fix it up, but I don't want to take the character out of it.
There are not many of these old girls left with their original paint scheme and I will keep it that way. My wife first called it a holstein cow when I first brought it home as the whitish-tan had faded to be more white than tan. A few trips with you Rob will ensure that I find the rest of the parts to put it back to the look that it had the last time it was in Wainwright. Just have to figure out what call signs the unit belonged to... The 52 truck I have figured out was probably a lineman's truck so of course a few trips to Westbourne will be required to acquire the proper equipment for it....

count me in for Austin. I'll be there anyways..e