MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-11-08, 16:32
T-16, C15A

Default Update 15Nov08

Gents,

I made the trek down to Tillsonburg to see how the C15a tarp was progressing. The canvas place has a line on webbing for the straps that are pretty close, buckles that are very good, and even the metal ends that get squished onto the ends of the straps that are not exactly like the original, but better/easier than the resin dipping method used late in the war.

The latest hold up was the fabric. The sample that I was given looked OK to me, but when the canvas experts saw the real thing it 'would not do'. They located a richer coloured and ( more importantly ) heavier bolt for us. The #10 fabric, however, is not coated - and we need it to have that sticky, smelly waterproofing so that our spouses can enjoy teh tarp also. I asked her to proceed with the construction of a single tarp with fabric that she coats on site, after the pieces are cut. I hope to see that sample, and try it on my truck by the end of the month - 2 weeks from now.

After looking at buckles and straps, grommets and ropes I think that she will be able to get us a price, so don't waste all of your egg money on Xmas gifts for the kids - you will need to get a deposit to me some time soon.

I shall report back when I know more.

Stewart