MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 03-01-06, 15:05

Default Calling all Gunners

I am trying to kit out my FGT with some of the kit it should carry . Other than the obvious vehicle tools and things like gun planks etc I am at a bit of a loss .

The 2nd is a welded bracket(another photo also attached) in each side of the rear passenger doors, the space between the brackets is bren gun ammo box size but the length is too long for the standard box.

I have spoken to several Morris quad owners neither of whom have any similar brackets , has anybody got any ideas.

Cheers
Richard Hughes
Attached Images

Old 03-01-06, 15:06

In particular there are a couple of brackets that have got my completely stuck the first is in 2 of the corner lockers one on each side hopefully a photo will be attached (sorry 1st picture didn't come thru trying again)
Attached Thumbnails
picture 001.jpg  
Old 03-01-06, 17:32

Default a little help

Richard

I have also wondered on may of those brackets in our CGT.
The brackets inside each of the rear passenger doors are also to be found in our truck. Have tried all of my ammo boxes but none fits...
On the rear corner lockers, it is only on the left hand side we have those brackets you mentions. And the photos shows what fits in....
The brackets under the spare wheel, I guess are for some camo-poles used. Guess they would have stored the rods to cleane the barrels inside (from side to side) at the narrow hatches...

Rolf

Old 04-01-06, 13:40

Rolf

Thanks for the reply and the photo. Going back to the Morris quad gun tractor owners according to their details Camoflage poles go in the narrow locker that goes full width of the vehicle. The wide short locker directly behind the passenger doors is for 'projectile smoke' ammo boxes 2 each side (I have a note of the box reference number but can't immediately lay my hands on it ).
The big centre locker at the back (the one that doesn't end up in the crew compartment) I think is for 2 25 pounder cartridge case ammo boxes plus one anti tank ammo box .

Thats about all I have managed to find out so far hope its of help. I will post ammo box details when I can refind the piece of paper with it written on .

Thanks
Richard
Old 05-01-06, 00:36

Default CGT / FGT stowage

Hi Richard,
My CGT also has the steel brackets behind the rear doors, it has been suggested that they were to hold oil cans or wooden blocks for jacking, there should be 2 footman loops for attaching a webbing strap. One of the rear hatches holds the ground anchor stakes and block. I have tried every type of ammunition box I could get my hands on in the various lockers and none seem to be a good fit, either a lot of waste space or too tight to remove again. Yes that bracket is definately for the snatch block.
Cammo poles were indeed carried in the full width narrow locker as some extras were carried on roof on the FAT 4.
Have you got the brackets for the 'paralleloscope' over the driver's seat ? I would like to know what a paralleloscope looks like !
Old 06-01-06, 15:24

Alan

I hadn't thought of oil cans I will give them a go. Will try and post ammo box pics and types at some point this weekend .
Pending who you speak to the parralleloscope is either a flat board for night time shooting similar to the plotting board but smaller or it is something for indirect fire with lenses on it. Either way it is tripod mounted. The tripod fits in the brackets inside the roof of the crew compartment.