MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 16-07-09, 12:02
John W.

Default Another Studebaker weasel coming to Australia

Fellows,
I just received word that my Swedish weasel is being shipped today. Should arrive in Mid September This weasel will compliment my 'weasel collection' . The weasel is being shipped on a big pallet in a share container (LCL)
When it arrives, I will then have enough parts to assemble two amphibious weasels. Current thinking though is to pick the best from both weasels plus use my cache of NOS goodies to assemble a really scmick floater. Not sure if I will ever have the time to do the second weasel though. Someone else in the future might get themselves a good project .
Although initially more costly, I have found that in my case purchasing a complete vehicle from overseas is more cost effective to ship out here than shipping individual parts.
Anyway thats all for tonight
Cheers
John Wilson
Attached Thumbnails
x4010002.jpg   x4010014.jpg   x4010004.jpg   x4010015.jpg  
Old 17-07-09, 04:18
Fan of Lord Nuffield

Default good idea

Yes its the best option .

If you buy the parts seperately..its not good sense financially . I've seen things like instruments and dash panels and switches on EPAY , sell for ridiculous money .. almost for the cost of a whole vehicle..

Some people buy a wreck, pull it to pieces and sell everything seperately.. Go to any car wreckers and you'll pay outrageous prices for stuff they have bought for almost nil.

You can buy a new XF Falcon bonnet from Rare spares for $950 ( their current price list ) ... or buy two or three whole cars for the same money
1940 Chev. 15cwt GS Van ( Aust.)
1942-45 Jeep salad