MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Carrier Forum

Notices

Old 01-07-10, 23:53
Philip

Default MK2 dash decal

Where might I find the big decal on the MK2 dash? What about the 2 small ones under the switches? Phil
Attached Thumbnails
MkII Dash-7.jpg  
Old 02-07-10, 01:14

Hey Phil, I've got the same problem. I contacted Military Data Plates because they have some data plates for T-16's. I asked him how much to make the Ford Canada plate and the carburator starting plate for the Canadian UC. Here is his answer.

I'LL EXPLAIN HOW THE MANUFACTURING PROCESS WORKS SO THAT YOU WON'T GO INTO STICKER SHOCK. I HAVE 3 MIL SPEC SUPPLIERS WHO MAKE PLATES ACCORDING TO THE MILITARY SPECIFICATIONS FOR DURABILITY, LONGEVITY , COLOR DURABILITY, ETC. STARTING FROM SCRATCH AS WE ARE DOING HERE WITH TWO PLATES REQUIRES TWO SETS OF ART WORK @ APPROX $50-100 EACH AND THEN A PRODUCTION RUN OF PLATES-- 1EA $35, 10 EA $31, 25 EA $28, 50 EA $26, 100 EA $22, 1000 EA $19. IF YOU WANT JUST ONE OF EACH YOU WOULD BE FACING A BILL OF APPROX $220.

ON POPULAR SERIES VEHICLES I HAVE BEEN SPLITTING THE ARTWORK COSTS WITH THE CUSTOMER AND THEN CHARGING FOR THE COST OF THE FIRST PLATE. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE MARKET FOR THESE IS SO I'M NOT SURE I WANT TO TRY THIS.

SORRY IT'S SO STEEP. IT CAN BE DONE FOR ABOUT $75 EA PLATE BUT THE LIFE EXPECTANCY IS NIL. A FEW RAINSTORMS OR A MONTH IN THE HOT SUN AND YOU HAVE BLEACHED ALUMINUM. THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST.

If we can get together a bunch of orders we should be able to get a decent price.
Old 02-07-10, 01:22
GM Fox I

Default Dash Plates

I wonder what they mean by "artwork"? If it's a cleaned up scan of an original in a computer image format I'm sure someone here (even me) can do that. Can you get detals on what form of "art work" they mean?

I'd offer to scan and digitally clean up my originals if that would help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Rogers View Post
Hey Phil, I've got the same problem. I contacted Military Data Plates because they have some data plates for T-16's. I asked him how much to make the Ford Canada plate and the carburator starting plate for the Canadian UC. Here is his answer.

I'LL EXPLAIN HOW THE MANUFACTURING PROCESS WORKS SO THAT YOU WON'T GO INTO STICKER SHOCK. I HAVE 3 MIL SPEC SUPPLIERS WHO MAKE PLATES ACCORDING TO THE MILITARY SPECIFICATIONS FOR DURABILITY, LONGEVITY , COLOR DURABILITY, ETC. STARTING FROM SCRATCH AS WE ARE DOING HERE WITH TWO PLATES REQUIRES TWO SETS OF ART WORK @ APPROX $50-100 EACH AND THEN A PRODUCTION RUN OF PLATES-- 1EA $35, 10 EA $31, 25 EA $28, 50 EA $26, 100 EA $22, 1000 EA $19. IF YOU WANT JUST ONE OF EACH YOU WOULD BE FACING A BILL OF APPROX $220.

ON POPULAR SERIES VEHICLES I HAVE BEEN SPLITTING THE ARTWORK COSTS WITH THE CUSTOMER AND THEN CHARGING FOR THE COST OF THE FIRST PLATE. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE MARKET FOR THESE IS SO I'M NOT SURE I WANT TO TRY THIS.

SORRY IT'S SO STEEP. IT CAN BE DONE FOR ABOUT $75 EA PLATE BUT THE LIFE EXPECTANCY IS NIL. A FEW RAINSTORMS OR A MONTH IN THE HOT SUN AND YOU HAVE BLEACHED ALUMINUM. THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST.

If we can get together a bunch of orders we should be able to get a decent price.
Old 02-07-10, 01:23
Banned

I was looking at Dirk leewaters Website and he has them both for sale. Hopefully some people here will post the site.

Regards Aidan
Old 02-07-10, 03:09
Philip

Hmm, must of missed them on Dirk's site, thought they were the MK1's he had for sale.
Old 02-07-10, 06:50
Harold

If you have a friend that does home photography get him to make 1-1 photo negative. The coat a thin piece of sheet aluminum with photo-resist, then lay the negative on the aluminum and expose it to a stong light. Then wash the piece of aluminum it will remove the resist where the black is supposed to be. The put masking tape on the back of the aluminum, and submerse the piece in some etching acid(I believe it is called Ferric Chloride). It will eat away the surface of the aluminum and turn the aluminum black then remove the balance of the resist and cutr the plate to size.
Old 04-07-10, 12:49
Philip

Thanks for the info, Phil
Old 04-07-10, 15:20
Banned

Your Right , those plates are for a Mk1, but the choke plate I believe is for all carriers?

Regards Aidan