MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > The Wireless Forum

Notices

Old 01-07-13, 07:13
Darryl

Default WS No 19

Gidday all,

I'm restoring a White M3A1 AOP and was looking down the track at getting a WS No 19 wireless set for it. I see the AOP's had these as standard kit.

Can anyone give me a bit of an idea please on how readily available these wireless sets still are and the likely cost if I did locate one?

I see a couple on eBay and they were priced around $1000. Is that about the going rate if I could get one?

Thanks.

Darryl Lennane

1943 Willys MB
1941 Willys MBT Trailer
1941 Australian LP2A Machine Gun Carrier
1943 White M3A1AOP Scout Car
1944 Ford M8 Armoured Car
1945 Ford M20 Armoured Car
Old 02-07-13, 10:55
Derek Heuring

Default Lots of 19 sets available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
Gidday all,

I'm restoring a White M3A1 AOP and was looking down the track at getting a WS No 19 wireless set for it. I see the AOP's had these as standard kit.

Can anyone give me a bit of an idea please on how readily available these wireless sets still are and the likely cost if I did locate one?

I see a couple on eBay and they were priced around $1000. Is that about the going rate if I could get one?

Thanks.
D, incomplete 19 Sets abound on ebay, from what are commonly referred to as "boat anchors" due to their poor condition to sets that are near pristine. I've bought and sold several 19 sets over the last couple of years and you can expect to pay $100.00 to $125.00 for the correct power supply and between $225.00 to $450.00 for the A/B Set depending upon condition. A power supply and an A/B set are FAR from a complete 19 Set though and one can expect to pay from two to three times as much as you paid for the power supply and A/B set for all the ancilliaries; cables, control boxes, aerials, aerial mounts, mounting base for the PS and A/B set, variometer, Case: spare valves, oscillator, Case: spare parts, headphones, canvas cover, Morse key, ground spike, aerial bag, charging board, watch etc. etc. that truly make up a complete 19 set. I've sold two near complete, near-pristine 19 sets recently, one went to a collector in Canada, the other to a museum in Europe for $1,500.00 and $1,800.00 respectively. Hope this info helps and if you're interested, I have another near complete 19 set that I'll be listing on ebay soon.

regards, Derek
Old 03-07-13, 11:47
Darryl

Default Ws19

Hi Derek,

That does help, thanks. It certainly gives me an idea of what is around and the going rate. Yes, please keep me posted when you list yours on eBay. I will keep an eye out for it.

Can you recommend a good website to check out so I can learn a bit more about what is in the complete set?

Darryl Lennane

1943 Willys MB
1941 Willys MBT Trailer
Old 03-07-13, 14:57
a Canuck/Brit in Blighty

Many of the 19 sets are in the hands of ham radio operators. You might want to check with a local ham club or a museum such as http://www.hrsa.asn.au/ or
http://www.vk2bv.org/museum/ for contact info.

Much of this stuff is sold amongst radio operators/collectors and you have to be in the loop to hear about it. Let people know you're looking.
Old 03-07-13, 20:13
Derek Heuring

Default Excellent WS 19 website

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
Hi Derek,

That does help, thanks. It certainly gives me an idea of what is around and the going rate. Yes, please keep me posted when you list yours on eBay. I will keep an eye out for it.

Can you recommend a good website to check out so I can learn a bit more about what is in the complete set?
Check this site out Big D:

http://www.qsl.net/ve3bdb/

Old 05-07-13, 21:35
Darryl

Default Ws 19

Thanks guys

I will check those sites out.

Darryl Lennane

1943 Willys MB
1941 Willys MBT Trailer
Old 09-07-13, 10:17
Derek Heuring

Default Installation manual

Big D, I have kicking around somewhere an installation manual for installing WS19 sets in a Scout Car. Would you be interested in it?

Derek.