MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 05-07-05, 20:18

Default Items for sale

Hello,

I have several items of Canadian Second World War vintage that I’m passing on and thought better to offer them up here than have chaps suffer the outrageous prices on eBay. Plus as an ‘old schooler’ who remembers the pre-eBay days when treasures were to be had, I’d rather use another medium.

Brief description of items:

1. Khaki beret – sized 7-1/8; dated 1945; made by Grand ‘Mere Knitting Co. Ltd.; C-broad arrow marked; mint un-issued condition but someone stuck a King’s crown Canadian Army Ordnance Corps badge on it. - $35

2. Khaki wool cap labeled ‘D.M.C. Cap’; sized 7; dated 1943; made by MFG. Co. Ltd.; soft billed cap with ear/neck flat that ties on the top. Lined w/brown felt. Has a brass King’s Crown Sherbrooke Regt. badge. Excellent. - $35

3. Royal Canadian Navy cap. Sized 6-7/8 – but spent a bit of time on my hat stretcher and fits more like a 7-1/8. Sold to me as an Officer’s cap, but I suspect for maybe Petty Officer or the like. Simply states ‘Naval’ inside with what could be an inked C-Broad Arrow (almost looks like a ‘W’ inside the C – just not that legible). Ringed, quilted interior. Leather chinstrap with cloth covered buttons. My opinion is wartime vintage as the bill is not patent leather and chinstrap not pleather, but no date. Excellent un-issued condition - $35

4. WWII RCAF padded pilot’s wings (red crown). Very nice. I know these are original (well, very sure – no one knows for sure unless you took them off the guy) because I rescued them from a torn tunic. No name was in the tunic but it was ripped too badly to save. English made tunic. Comes with the ‘Canada’ titles on blue wool that were also on the tunic. When I removed them there was no evidence of recent thread or sewing. I’m no expert on Canadian wings, but they look genuine. Very nice condition - $55.

5. Canadian BD trousers. These are post war, but have a made up field dressing pocket added. Perfect colour match between wool on trousers and fabricated pocket, so they look very good. Size No. 6 – which states 5-5’ – 5-8’ and 34-35 inch waist. No holes or mothing – hardly worn. - $25

6. Canadian Army Soldier’s Service and Paybook (Militia book M.1). Filled out to a chap in the Royal Canadian Artillery. Three completed books inside the brown cover – starting with enlistment in Kingston, Ontario in 1943 through his service in the war (last one from July, 1945). All data filled out. Comes with New Testament printed in the U.S. but stating ‘By His Majesty’s Special Command’ and dedicated to the pay book owner by a Bible class; Christmas 1943 card – nicely hand coloured from the 30th Light Anit-Aircraft Battery – RCA; a ‘Financial Standing on Discharge’ sheet; medal award certificate (standard that you get in the posting boxes); leave pass & train berthing card. All in very good condition. - $45

7. Officers SD visored cap. Badge & buttons to Victoria Rifles of Canada. No size – maybe a 7. Outside is okay to nice actually, except there are a very few small holes, the larges being a quarter inch (almost a tear) on the band. Inside the cap was once lined with red silk, but this is badly torn up. Nice Toronto maker embossed on the leather band. Brown leather chin strap is excellent. The cap description sound horrible, but it’s really a nice piece. It has great character because it’s obviously been well-worn. There’s no stiffener inside so it’s a bit floppy. - $35.

8. Royal Canadian Navy seaman’s uniform. I believe this to be WWII, but am not sure. The cap tally states ‘HMCS Chaudiere’ which was a former British Destroyer transferred to the RCN (Commissioned 1943, decommissioned 1945). Consists of blue wool cap with tally, top blanco’d white (?), bibbed jumper with ‘Canada’ titles in red on dark felt, rank badge on right sleeve (don’t know navy ranks – red propeller w/ 6-point star above). A few holes in the tunic with the most serious being a 1/2” tear on the lower front – but all in all good shape. Has the separate bib thingy (an official term) that goes over the back flap and around the neck – lighter blue with triple white stripe on the edge. Wool trousers w/double-button front – button fly covered with five button front flap. Has the gent’s silk which has been somewhat crudely embroidered with his name & number. Finally it also came with a white chord knife lanyard. If you have specific questions please ask. I know that in the Royal Navy the wartime cap tallies simply stated HMS but don’t know if this was true in the RCN. It appears to be wartime vintage to me but others might be able to enlighten. A nice set, and was sold to me in Canada by a fellow who seemed pretty genuine in indicating they came from the same man. - $70

9. Set of RCAF brass buttons for an Officer’s SD - $10

That’s it ladies and gents. Just wanted to offer them up to you guys first. The reserve on eBay will be my asking price here, so they won’t be sold cheaper. If interested, contact me at: Johnny.Wheeler@oft.ny.state.us

Any questions please feel free to ask. I spend too much on militaria to afford a digital camera, but if you require photos, I might be able to accomodate via my wife's cellphone, which doubles as a camera.

You pay shipping, but guaranteed to be what it actually costs. I'm certain I can rummage up an old box to put things in.

Thanks guys.

John