MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 06-03-09, 01:16
Terry

Post POW's in BC, Canada ........

Well now that I got your attention

This week has been like Christmas all over again, first the 1941 CDN helmet and today my stock of POW cans has arrived, thanks in part to a fellow up here in BC who saw the pictures I sent him of my F15A and had decided that his collection of cans would be a nice addition to my truck and sent them out as a gift and to him I am gratfull ........ Thank you Steve.

Well I had to show them off 4 are dated 1942 and one is 1940 4 are 2 gallon cans and the neatest Lil 1 Gal can , which is like NOS unbelievable .

Well now for a bit more paint and some proper stencils OH and build the rack for them and walla we will now have extra supplies onboard.

Well hope you all enjoy the pics and this goes to show there still are good people amongst us all
Attached Thumbnails
POW cans 09 004.jpg   POW cans 09 003.jpg  

1942ish F15441-M
Old 06-03-09, 02:20

WoW lucky you i want one
Good find
Old 06-03-09, 09:05

When I was restoring my 1923 Ford TT, i found countless people who would assist.

I was working at FIAT at the time, and we had a spanish fellow there and his english was almost nil. Many discusions on the floor of the workshop, drawing in chalk and the workmanship, Henry never saw it that good.

Turned out he had done his apprentise time at a Ford Garage and had forgotten nothing.

Very quickly learnt when going to jobbing places, that if the guy did not show lots of interest, not to leave the job there. Wanted the front axle straightened and every week for six months got a new excuse why it had not been done.

Also many times when I picked up the Job the guy who had shown interest would not take any money "Never had so much fun in years" was typical of what I would hear.

These are great times for us all, enjoy!

regards

Col