MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Carrier Forum

Notices

Old 31-01-06, 02:03
BIG MIKE

Default Adjusting Wheel

Rob Love I need sum info on Sum Bearings , I just sent you a PM, Cheers BIG MIKE, or ius thier anyone else on this Forum Who know's about Road wheel Bearings on a UC? Cheers

BIG MIKE
Old 31-01-06, 03:23
Bluebell

Default ??????

Whats the question?

Carrier Armoured O.P. No1 Mk3 W. T84991
Carrier Bren No2.Mk.I. NewZealand Railways. NZR.6.
Dodge WC55. 37mm Gun Motor Carriage M6
Jeep Mb #135668
So many questions....
Old 31-01-06, 03:30
BIG MIKE

Lynn sent you a PM
Old 31-01-06, 03:57
BIG MIKE

sent another PM lynn
Old 31-01-06, 08:45
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

And I sent one to myself, just so I'm kept in the loop!
Old 31-01-06, 11:21
BIG MIKE

Brad I never Got your PM, maybe if I PM all over again the PM will get to me , Some how Tony's PM to Himself Got to me , I'm All PM 'DDDD OUT, Lynn you get my PM?

PM BIG MIKE
Old 31-01-06, 15:37
carrier mech

Mike
I got your PM. It wil take me a bit to digest what you are looking for and to research it.

Rob
Old 31-01-06, 18:03
pkitson

Default wheel bearings

Mike,

road wheel bearings are 40mm x 110mm x 27mm which are 6408 FAG or SKF, etc. The inner track adjusting bearing is the same. The outer track adjusting bearing is 50mm x 110mm x 27mm which is a 6310. You can order these bearings with contact seals by adding 2RS to the bearing number, then pop out the inner side seal to allow grease to get to the rolling elements by normal lubrication means. Hope this helps.

Perry
Old 31-01-06, 18:20
BIG MIKE

Perry I'm in America so mm stuff I'm Stupid on, I'm more into Inches LOL , Watch Lynn will have a Snippy Old man comment to say on this one Its just one Freaking bearing, Perry these measurements are for a T16 UC only Rite?

thanks for the info Lad

BIG MIKE
Old 01-02-06, 00:07
pkitson

Default bearings

Hi Mike,

the vast majority of ball or roller bearings are dimensioned in the metric system, here in Canada or the U.S. There are some bearings that are made to nominal Imperial dimensions, but they are the exception rather than the rule. The bearings I mentioned in my post are for a Universal carrier, I do not know if a T 16 has the same wheel set up, but would hazard to guess that it is the same. BTW, why do they call you BIG MIKE, or is that getting too personal?

Perry

Last edited by pkitson; 01-02-06 at 00:49.
Old 01-02-06, 01:04
BIG MIKE

You know why they call BIG MIKE , because I just carriered the middle double set of UC bogis, with the TINY little wheel Rollor too, on my back out of my car and into the barn. tonite, thats why they call me BIG MIKE , Why You got a Problem with me or something LADDY? LOL, Hey the Bogi wheel I was refering to was a T16 adjuster wheel, that I have and ITS TOTALLY diff from the mk1's, All my other bogis have Brand new Rubber and New bearings, I even buffed the Grease plugs, learned that little tip from BIG BRAD , By the way BRAD I won all your Stuff on the bay , ALSO a BIG thankyou to the lads who didn't Bid against me on Ebay , Your all in My Heart. Brad My Back is Killing ME!!!

Cheers HOMIE's CHIMO BIG MIKE
Old 01-02-06, 05:12
Bluebell

Default not a pm

Its afternoon here Mike, P.M. that is..... Anywho. you obviously have Timken taper rollers in that wheel. they may work fine in there as long as the inner bearing is not mis aligning that front wheel. the wheel will probably sit too far out on the axle so if the taper roller bearings are u/s. replace them as per Perry,s instructions. (but fit the bearing with the big ID on the inside of the wheel. it will go together easier that way) note: between the two ball bearings a spacer is required, so that you can lock the nut up tight. If you use the taper rollers there will be no spacer and you will have to adjust the preload on those bearings by way of that nut.
Another thing about metric versus imperial Mike, all the flat steel in the UC's is metric. same with the Brit. built carriers.
....Bye...

Carrier Armoured O.P. No1 Mk3 W. T84991
Carrier Bren No2.Mk.I. NewZealand Railways. NZR.6.
Dodge WC55. 37mm Gun Motor Carriage M6
Jeep Mb #135668
So many questions....
Old 01-02-06, 05:55
BIG MIKE

Easy for Big Mike to explain the Bogi T16.

metric numbers all confuse , I'm the type of guy who saz You see this part well i want it in a BIGGER Middle HOLE!!
ok see if you follow BIG MIKE's lead ok???

I'm looking down at the front of the T16 bogi wheel, I see I have the Timken bearing as lynn said, ok i turn the wheel around(over) and see the same timken bearing, i also see a spacer in place between them both, SO all I need to get is the same Timken bearing WITH A BIGGER HOLE in the MIDDLE, Correct?? to FIT over the Steel Pin, BEACUSE the PIN is tapered (FATTER) in the back, do they make such a BEARING? , WHO KNOWS, But will find something Hopfully, Would you lads like to see pics of this Plight? Soon

BIG MIKES BIG HOLE
Old 01-02-06, 13:40
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Bearings...

Big Mike..
Take the wheel or the bearings to your local bearing shop...They will match it up for you..
They will probably have the taper pins also..
Any good bearing shop would pop out the old ones and press in the new ones in a couple of minutes for a couple of bucks...
Then you wouldn't have to speak metric to them...
Just pass them Amurrican green...the universal language...
Old 01-02-06, 17:27
BIG MIKE

Thanks Alex , Now your on my level playing Field, Cheers

BIG MIKE