MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 30-05-16, 04:24

Default Changes to eBay???

One of the things I check from time to time on eBay is Military Pocket Watches. I do not generally check it often because the number of items posted from the UK are very large and it takes time to scan through them all.

Just went in this evening and the eBay system popped up with only 43 items. One from the UK, one from the USA and the rest from really bizarre European and Asian countries. I was logged into eBay Canada. Went to the eBay USA site and the same thing happened.

I then went to the eBay UK site and got over seven pages of items with 60 items per page. Tried logging into the UK site, which I have done many times before and the system would not let me. Went back to the Canadian site to check location choice. It was set for "Worldwide", but clearly it is not providing full coverage anymore. That really sucks!

Anyone else noticed this recently?

David
Old 30-05-16, 07:58
a Canuck/Brit in Blighty

I just had a look at ebay UK with world wide setting and had 810 hits for "military pocket watch". Ebay.com gave 650 hits and Ebay.ca gave 913 hits.

One thing I have noticed lately was that the category would change to what ebay though you were interested in. I always check that now and change back to "all categories".

Had one item on another list where the ebay number was given but wouldn't display when searched. Tried UK,US & Canada but no listing. I know it must be good as other US members were talking about it.

Maybe the word "military" has to go through the MI6/CSIS filters.
Old 30-05-16, 11:46

Had exactly that last week... Chap said he had 17pdr muzzle brake for sale... Got the listing number... Not found according to ebay uk, us and other sites... Search found nothing... He sent me screen shots of his auction... A friend in the usa verified the auction was live.

Muzzle brake turned out to be 6pdr and asking price was 2.5k usd... Gave it a miss.

However... Absolutely no way for me to see the listing from the uk... So can only assume there is censorship in place somewhere.

Tim