Name:	1-TFV 031.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	77000Click image for larger version

Name:	1-TFV 022.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	77001

Well we have sold our property as development has finally pushed right up to our fence line. I guess it is true you can't fight city hall...at least not forever. So now faced with moving, including a couple of APC's, the Cougar and 6 tanks in various states of repair, somethings just have to go...so it looks like the softskins and the relatively soft skins are on the chopping block. So first up is this M998 HMMWV I purchased about three years ago and figured It would be my daily driver someday..well that never happened so she is up for sale. It is a 1985 M998 that I have converted into a M1043 Weapons Carrier with the USMC light armored doors and slantback top with MG turret and genuine gunners shield. I have gone through this truck top to bottom and replaced almost all of the running gear including all new halfshafts, geared hubs, brake rotors and pads, e-brake rotor, caliper and pad, ALL BALL JOINTS, top, bottom, front back and both sides, pitman arm, steering arm, throttle assembly, front and rear driveshafts, all four shocks, New BFG Baja TA's on 24 bolt rims with runflats installed, NOS fuel tank, etc. etc etc. The truck has the standard 6.2 diesel with the turbo 400 transmission. Initially I had purchased a whipple supercharger kit for the 6.2 and installed a 2" body lift to clear that assembly. Unfortunately it required cutting the doghouse cover to clear the back of the supercharger and would have precluded installing the radio racks and radios properly. So Instead I went with a Gale Banks Sidewinder turbo kit which gave it the power boost I wanted (power is much like a 6.5 turbo of later models) and allowed the doghouse to remain as is. Along with that I purchased a Gear Vendors Under/Overdrive to allow it to cruise nicely on the highway (as nice as a hmmwv can) but still retain the stock drivetrain. So the body lift can be removed but I have to admit the aggressive stance it gives compared to a stock HMMWV has grown on me. It has more of the look of the Special operations GMV style humvees that racer Rod hall built for the US gov. I have replaced the wimpy stock bumpers with heavy duty steel ones and the rear has a factory pintle hitch as well as an added receiver style so you can pull your toys as well. Anyway there is a full compliment of radios, factory GPS, working VIC one intercom with new headsets and also CCV helmets with Coms. This is not one of the recent Gov. Planet releases but one of the original batch of 600 or so the Marines disposed of. In fact the markings on the rear doors is a copy of the tac signs the doors already had painted on them, except now it is painted on neatly and straight (too neat actually) It has a clear Wisconsin title. It is safety inspected and road registered in BC with it's own BC assigned VIN #. I am listing it for sale in the US for $000000 or offers...so around 000000 Canadian. Sorry the .50 does not come with it but the cradle does. I won't tie up the forum discussing it too much, so serious buyers please PM or email me at jdmcm2005@shaw.ca Thanks John

Last edited by jdmcm; 05-12-16 at 04:08.