MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Restoration Forum

Notices

Old 11-09-16, 04:51

Default Canvas things and such....

Members....just throwing this out for comment, but has any one out there really put an effort into manufacturing CMP Canvas Parts, from tarpaulins, seat covers, to those little teeny weenie transmission boot covers etc. etc. etc. I know it's not a huge market but more of a select market.
Your 2 cents would be appreciated.....Robert (Vancouver)
Old 11-09-16, 10:20

I'd be up for two sets of two seat covers at the very least.

I'd also like a couple of 13 cab windows if you're going the whole hog with the metalwork.
Old 22-09-16, 13:17

Default CMP Canvas

Hi

I'd like to know if there are patterns existing, at all, for the canvas tarps on the CMP decks/tilts. I have been asked by somebody who is a canvas worker (not an upholster) if the pattens exist. My first reaction was to start looking at photos of the F60 and C60 3 ton models, assuming that all the canvas tarps were essencially the same, and well clearly they are not. Some seem to have front sheet (for want of a better word), that is shaped to fit the front shape and then the larger canvas tarp over the top, with I assume a similarly shaped rear sheet, which has a split approximately three quartes of the way up the centre. The tarp top has a rope cord along the front edge pulling it down over the front sheet. However looking at other photos shows a F60 or C60 with the front sheet coming around and over the top of the tarp top at the front. And yet another photo showing a rear of a truck (can't definitively say it was a CMP) with the tarp being just folded over on the corners and having an envelop type style (or hospital corners if it was a bed!), so I'm a bit confused. Was there a 'standard' design or does the 'standard' design change i.e from Cab No. 11 to Cab No.13 style etc.