MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 07-04-13, 06:02
Karl Mathez

Default M38a1 / m38a1c jeep parts

Hi, I'm looking for some parts for my M38A1 and my M38A1C jeeps ... I putted some pictures below, so you can see exactly what I need.

- I have a MP red spot light mounted on a mirror bracket, part number is 6220-284-0940 ... I need another kit to put one on each side of the jeep. I am also looking for a ''MILITARY POLICE MILITAIRE'' sign and/or a ''MILITARY POLICE'' sign that goes below the windshield, usually painted in black and white.

- I replaced the blackout drive light cover by a red light, made by GE, part number is 4455R ... I am now looking for a blue light, part number should be 4455B.

- I have a yellow rotary convoy light mounted on the back of my jeep, made by Federal Signal, part number is MS-51317-03, we usually find these on big trucks like M35A2 and more... I need a red lens and/or a blue lens to replace the yellow lens.

- For my M38A1C, I need the right gunner's seat on the back of the jeep, I have the left one.

- Again for my M38A1C, I need the little ''L'' bracket for the slave cable receptacle that goes on the front passenger fender, I have 2 holes on the fender for that... same place you can put the fording kit.

- Finally, also for my M38A1C, I need the upper and the lower reinforcement plates for the spare tire bracket.

I live in Quebec, near Montreal.

Thanks for your help.

Karl
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2445.jpg   IMG_2441.jpg   IMG_2444.jpg   IMG_2448.jpg   IMG_2449.jpg  

Old 07-04-13, 15:04

Default Rotating light

In general shape, the lens for your rotating light looks similar to the Federal Signal model 14. Based on the data sheet for the model 14 http://www.fedsig.com/docs/4100HD_Model100-Model_14.pdf the same lenses also fit the model 100 - so they may have been used for other models too over the years. Sometimes plastic parts have the part number moulded in, check to see if you can find a number similar to the one listed on the data sheet - 447500. You might want to contact the Federal Signal representative for Quebec (in Montreal) to see if they can help you identify and find the part you need. http://www.federalsignal-indust.com/...ovID=11&View=2

You might find restrictions on the sale and use of red or blue lenses for vehicles in Quebec since the police use both colours (don't know - just guessing) but in Ontario blue is also used for snow plows so should be legal for sale and once you have the part number online sellers rarely ask what you plan to do with the part......

For your light in the blackout position, I didn't find the 4455B listed in a quick search but the GE website lists many sealed beams http://genet.gelighting.com/LightPro...Y=Lamps_Sealed Beam_PAR&CHANNEL=Commercial They also have a Montreal sales office in addition to their 1-800 number. You are lucky to be close to Montreal with its significant industrial base rather than a city that is more administrative than industrial..... On second thought, if the bulb you are seeking has the military style wiring coming out the back like the complete blackout unit, it may be hard to find and you may have to adapt a civil pattern lamp to fit inside your housing. There also used to be dye/paint kits available to colour the front of clear bulbs but I have no idea where to find them now.

Several of the US based Jeep parts sellers show a bracket for the slave cable. https://www.armyjeepparts.net/p-1179...g-bracket.aspx http://www.debellajeepparts.com/m38premier.htm
For Canadian sources, try Brian Asbury, Niagara Military Parts and Willys Acres (and there have to be others as well)
Old 07-04-13, 18:57
carrier mech

Regarding the slave cable bracket, I am not sure it was the same as used on the M38. The m38 mounted with 4 bolts, but because of the raised seam of the M38A1 fender, the bracket for it mounts with only 2 bolts. I tried to look up the part but none of my modification instructions detail that bracket, including the installation instructions for the recoiless rifle kit in the M38A1s. It is not mentioned in the re-location instruction for the spare tire mount either, which is what blocks the slave cable in it's old location.

Perhaps someone with a recoiless Jeep can show a photo of the bracket. There is an unaltered recoiless jeep at the local milsurp yard, but it is covered tightly with a tarp.
Old 07-04-13, 19:19
Terry Warner

Default 106RCL Jeep pt 1 of 2

Here are some photos of the 106 RCL Jeep in the old Vimy House of the Canadian War Museum. Not sure how much help they will be. On the bright side, St-Jerome is not far from Ottawa on the new Hwy 5? 50? And the vehicle curator sometimes comes to the Ottawa vehicle club's events.
Attached Thumbnails
Vimy 106 rcl 2.jpg   Vimy 106 rcl.jpg  

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!
Old 07-04-13, 19:20
Terry Warner

Default 106RCL Jeep pt 2 of 2

the others
Attached Thumbnails
Vimy 106 rcl 3.jpg   Vimy 106 rcl 4.jpg  

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!
Old 08-04-13, 08:07
Karl Mathez

many thanks for our help!

to Grant : good idea you have, I will try to contact those representatives! I will not use blue or red lights on the road, I know I can't do that, it's only for shows or movies!

to Rob : exactly right, the M38 bracket has 4 bolts and this M38A1C has only 2 bolts, I know it will be hard to find!

to Terry : thanks for the pics... I think I saw this jeep many years ago when I was a kid!
Old 20-05-13, 00:59
Karl Mathez

hi all !!!!

still looking for these parts

thanks
Old 20-05-13, 01:12
3RD ECHELON WKSP

For the replacement lense for rotating lights, try any of the large truck suppliers like Traction Truck parts etc. They will have all kinds of catalogs for this kind of stuff.

1968 M274A5 Mule Baifield USMC
1966 M274A2 Mule BMY USMC
1958 M274 Mule Willys US Army
1970 M38A1 CDN3 70-08715 1 CSR
1981 MANAC 3/4T CDN trailer
1943 Converto Airborne Trailer
1983 M1009 CUCV

RT-524, PRC-77s,
and trucks and stuff and more stuff and and.......

OMVA, MVPA, G503, Steel Soldiers