MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MLU ADMIN > TAC HQ

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-11-11, 22:16

Default I wish we had a place to....

Forum Moderators,

I have absolutely no idea how these forums function and if this is even a possibility but,…. I see a lot of repetition in questions that I may have a partial solution for. I wish there was a place to upload drawings and sketches too. For example, I don’t know how many times someone has asked for dimensions for carrier armor in the last couple of years that I’ve been a member. I also know that some very generous individuals have taken the time to make up dimensioned drawings, but there is still the difficulty of distributing the info. I bet there are detailed drawings out there for a vast majority of parts by now, but no one knows about it, or at a minimum has difficulty sifting the required info from soooo many years of previous threads. Ideally my idea would work something like this. I have a need to make part number CTL@$*&%. I would first go to this new section and do a search for it see if any existing sketches/drawings exist for it yet. If not then I can bug people for the info. I was also thinking that this section could hold a few new file types. For instance some CAD files like .dxf. Being able to download a CAD file could be a big deal to a bunch of guys/gals out there. There could be multiple sketches for the same part which would validate the accuracy and help evolve that part drawing. I can already see that this suggestion will bring up the much fought over issue of original vs reproduction. Hey I would love to use original parts and I do when ever possible. In my experience it has been more costly to make new but often I have not had any choice. I envy those of you, LOL that have a few rusting hulks out in there back 40 to chose the best of the components from. Thank you for your consideration.

Stephen DeMocko