MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > WW2 Military History & Equipment

Notices

Old 11-06-07, 15:22
John

Default photos and article about British WWII helmets posted

Greetings,
Peter Suciu wrote a decent article about British WWII helmets. I thought forum members might like to see it, so posted it here:

http://www.militarytrader.com/Defaul...7#5647Articles

Hope you find it useful!
John A-G
Editor, Military Trader
Old 16-06-07, 14:37

Default Article on British Helmets

It's nice that Peter quotes me and other researchers, but I wish he had run the final article past us, as they are a few - not so much inaccuracies - as points glossed over. Fir example he makes no mention of Lining Mk.I that was used converted WWI helmets and early Mk.II runs, nor does he give any space to the significant diferences between Briitsh made and Australian, Canadian or South African-made helmets. The best articles on the subject are still those by Marcus Cotton which appeared in the English edition of Militaria in 1994 and 1995.
Old 19-06-07, 17:45
John

Default Re: Article on British Helmets

Quote:
Originally posted by Roger Lucy
It's nice that Peter quotes me and other researchers, but I wish he had run the final article past us, as they are a few - not so much inaccuracies - as points glossed over...The best articles on the subject are still those by Marcus Cotton which appeared in the English edition of Militaria in 1994 and 1995.
Roger,
Thanks for the note. Peter is a journalist and knows that publishers are limited on space, so if he "glossed over" some areas you felt should have more coverage, blame me, not Peter.

I would like to suggest, however, that you (or anyone else) are welcome to submit articles for consideration. Bear in mind, space is limited in any publication.

BTW, the magazine article you mentioned is 13 yeas old! Will folks have any problems finding it? Is it available online?

Kind regards
Old 20-06-07, 14:18

Default Cotton Articles

No they are not available on line, however Cotton is wriitng the definitive book on British helmets, I am not sure when it will be finished.