MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > Parts/Sources/Prices

Notices

Old 09-09-19, 02:34
VMVC

Default Ford CMP Truck Parts- Australia

Good Day All.

As per Phil Waterman's suggestion I thought I would get the ball rolling on parts and supplies available in Australia for Ford CMP's with which I am familiar.
I know firsthand the frustration of seeing great items available internationally only to find they do not ship to Australia or the postage cost is so prohibitive.
In no particular order these are some of the things I have found which may be of interest or help other restorers. Some explanation may be added to the item. Dealers close and move shop so you may have to do a bit more digging but these are items I have found over the last few years and which I may have covered in my posts.
  • Oil filter Cartridges, WIX 51001- Engine Australia (Brisbane Office Only) 07 3719 2800 Fits one of the common type of Canadian Engine oil filters which are different to the type used on US made engines.

• Fuel pump, Airtex 591 All American Auto Parts Ballarat, Vic (New pump for modern fuels.)

• Engine Stud Sets, Mike Davidson Flatheads Forever Adelaide SA. He has them locally made and only manufactures about 2 dozens sets a year. Better than the Chinese made junk from other suppliers. I picked mine up at the Bendigo Swap where he has a site.

• Wiring Harnesses, Most people know about Vintage Wiring Harness at Ringwood Vic but they also sell 1/4" ID primary wiring loom which is used on the wire tails of the Side, Tail and Stop lights. It is also the same material used to cover the fuel lines.
  • Bitumen Impregnated primary wiring loom, (See above) Also available from Crazy Horse Moto/Zorro's Classic bikes Shop closed last month but now mail order only 0466 229 747

• Mufflers, Redback 0544R- Close size match to Ford but no domed ends. 18" long, 6" OD, 2" inlet and outlet in correct orientation. Reducer to 1-5/8" ID on outlet makes a very similar to original exhaust system. As Redback Mufflers is Australian they can be ordered from local exhaust shops.

• Bundy Tubing and SAE fittings, Industrial fittings Sales Noble Park Vic ($50 minimum over the counter sales however) 1/4" Bundy tubing in 5.3m straight lengths instead of off a coil from local brake shops.

• Bundy Tubing and fittings, H.I.S Hose. Dandenong South Vic. 1/4" Bundy tubing in 5.3m straight lengths No minimum for over the counter sale.

• Paint Khaki Green No. 3 Florite, NSW company but can get in Victoria at ACF Crash Repairs Dandenong Vic. Agents for Florite. See older post by Gina Vampire for her work in getting this paint formulated.

• Engine Paint, Early Ford Dark Green- Henry's Model T and A Parts Ballan Vic. They have the paint locally made using Valspar industrial base.

Will add more as time goes on.

Hope this got the ball rolling and others will add to the list.

Cheers,

Jacques Reed

Last edited by Jacques Reed; 09-09-19 at 06:46. Reason: Added engine paint
Old 09-09-19, 08:16

Default Invaluable

Wow!

Thanks Jacques. I will put all this to very good use.
Old 09-09-19, 08:26
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Reed View Post
Wiring Harnesses, Most people know about Vintage Wiring Harness at Ringwood Vic but they also sell 1/4" ID primary wiring loom which is used on the wire tails of the Side, Tail and Stop lights.
It is also the same material used to cover the fuel lines.

Bitumen Impregnated primary wiring loom, (See above)

Cheers,
I've bought a bit of this stuff from Vinwire over the years, but I understand they no longer supply the tar impregnated loom covering. NLA due to causing cancer in Amazonian tree worms or some such.
Old 09-09-19, 08:40
VMVC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Smith View Post
I've bought a bit of this stuff from Vinwire over the years, but I understand they no longer supply the tar impregnated loom covering. NLA due to causing cancer in Amazonian tree worms or some such.
Hi Tony,

Me too, but not recently from Vinwire. He was getting reluctant to sell it a year ago so I found the Crazy Horse supplier instead. Bought the wiring loom material just a month ago from him. He had metres of it on the shelf when I went to the shop about 6 months ago before he closed it and went mail order only.

Cheers,

Jacques Reed
Old 09-09-19, 11:05
VMVC

Default Photos of painted transmission and covered fuel lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganmain Tony View Post
Wow!

Thanks Jacques. I will put all this to very good use.
Most welcome Tony,

Here are a couple recent photos. I redid my chassis brake lines and my fuel lines with the Bundy tubing. Note the bitumen impregnated loom cover on the fuel lines. Put correct loops in the fuel lines based on patterns from the parts trucks originals.

Also recently stripped down the F15-A Battery Staff truck transmission (parts truck) to replace the incorrect 3 ton 4 x 2 truck transmission in my restoration. NOS guts from it will go into the correct case which is painted Early Ford Engine Green as mentioned in first post..

Hope this is of some interest.

Cheers,
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0062 (2).JPG   IMG_0047.JPG  

Jacques Reed
Old 17-11-19, 22:10
VMVC

Default Another Ford Flathead/Sidevalve V8 Parts source- Australia

Good Day,

Not sure if I mentioned this somewhere else, seniors moment, but another source of Ford Sidevalve V8 parts in Australia is:

Flathead Garage- Corey Swift proprietor, Pascoe Vale, Vic
Ph 0409 514 222
email: cswifto@yahoo.com.au

He is hot rod oriented but has lots of parts for stock engines. I got my clutch cross shaft bushings from him.

Cheers.

Jacques Reed