MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 15-12-08, 02:30
MUTT Guy

Default Wanted: RT-524 Mounting Shelf

Hi Fellas,

Forgive me for the lack of correct terminology with this as I am no jimmy.

I'm looking for the Shelf that a MT-1029 and RT-524 mount inside of. You can see it in the picture of the M151A2 from Hanno's site:

To my best recollection, these were also mounted in Iltis as well.

I'm in dire need of one.

Scotty
Old 19-12-08, 02:37
MUTT Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Fedak View Post
Not sure of the technical description of the radio box, but they are usually refered to, as a "Dog House".

I have two Dog House in my 1985 Bombardier Iltis. One contains a PRC-25 and the other a RT-524. All in working condition. By the summer/fall of 2009 I should have completed the restoration of a second Iltis and should have various surplus radio kit parts available.

Attachment 24769

Attachment 24770

Cheers!
Thats the one in the bottom pic...
Old 20-12-08, 20:50

Default Radio trays

Hello Scotty

I have seen both styles of radio trays being used with the M151A2's. The box style as well as that shown mounted under the box.

In our Militia Infantry unit we just used a PRC 77 radio over the back of the drivers seat with the antennae hooked up to the vehicle mast, or the portable units antennae stuck out the drivers side curtain.

The box style tray in the M151A2 in Gagetown photos shows the Vinson Ecryption device mounted on top.

From my reserach this would have been a MT4626 mount. However there seems to be a shock system underneath it while the US mounts i have seen where mounted directly to the box. Can anybody clarify this or correct me if i am wrong? What were the shocks? Did we take them off of the radio power trays?

Thanks
Eric
Old 20-12-08, 21:18
MUTT Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
Hello Scotty

I have seen both styles of radio trays being used with the M151A2's. The box style as well as that shown mounted under the box.

In our Militia Infantry unit we just used a PRC 77 radio over the back of the drivers seat with the antennae hooked up to the vehicle mast, or the portable units antennae stuck out the drivers side curtain.

The box style tray in the M151A2 in Gagetown photos shows the Vinson Ecryption device mounted on top.

From my reserach this would have been a MT4626 mount. However there seems to be a shock system underneath it while the US mounts i have seen where mounted directly to the box. Can anybody clarify this or correct me if i am wrong? What were the shocks? Did we take them off of the radio power trays?

Thanks
Eric
I almost landed a find on an extra MT4626 from a collector out west. Turns out he had no extras after all, but he might be able to get you a good close-up picture. He has it mounted in the same manner as that Gagetown MUTT in the top photo, but in an Iltis. Not sure about the Isolator/Shocks, I never thought to ask.

I'm pretty much set on going with the Cabinet Mount for my 524. As you had mentioned before, the Sub-Tray Mounting Plate for the whole unit is where the hunt will be.
Looking at pictures of the Iltis Sub Tray, it hooks into mounting rails in the bed of the trunk, and doesn't look like it would work. The US M151A2 specific Sub Tray, although probably different from the Canadian one, looks like it might work in a pinch.

Lastly, since I have two NOS Tops, i'm debating on using an AMU Utility Mount on the ROPS and modifying the Top, instead of going with the M38A1 Extension Mount. Did the CF cut holes in the Tops to fit over the Bracket back when they were in service?

Thoughts on that?
Old 24-12-08, 19:48

Default M151 Radios

On the M151 photo requests there is a M151 with the radio antennea mounts attached to the roll cage through the top.

I know i can get the MT4626 trays from the US, but they do not have the shock mounts as used on the CDN Mounts. Close up photos of these would be great.
Only The Iltis radio box itself will fit. The earlier Iltis mounting tray will not work.

Have a great Holiday.
Eric
Old 03-07-09, 17:30
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Nb..

Stew..
Boobee is heading to NB this month and for a fuel donation may be able to bring them back..Work on it..
Old 03-07-09, 22:05
carrier mech

I just saw some of those bottom plates out at the military scrapyard today. If you still need one, let me know for next time I am out.

Rob
Old 03-07-09, 22:11
MUTT Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob love View Post
I just saw some of those bottom plates out at the military scrapyard today. If you still need one, let me know for next time I am out.

Rob
I managed to get my paws on 2 of them from Niagara Military Parts a little while ago, but i'm sure there are some folks looking for them, as they seem to be getting scarce.

Thanks Rob

Scotty