MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 12-10-07, 17:26

Default Thanks for ruining it for the rest of us!!

Hi

I'd just like to thank the idiot who ticked off Barry to the extent that he no longer entertains one on one contact. Good job, you big boob.

Quote:
06 October 2007 - The summer is over and I have managed to expand the CVM and NCVM articles by a few. I took the time to write another book this summer as well, to the detriment of the web site. Shortly I will be adding some more photo files, maybe. Once again I have had trouble with a reader wanting markings information. Why oh why is it always the re-builders who end up throwing nasty childish insults when they are thwarted? In the current case the data he wanted was in one of my CVM articles and he either lacked the intellect or ability to look at what was there before seeking help. Then, when I refused to take the time for personal instruction (I even told him which article to read!) he discovered that he didn't need my foolish help anyway...then he decided that I had done far less than other military veterans and was a whiner. Well now, talk about getting personal!! Anyway I hope he finishes his carrier and enjoys riding it...until he flips it and gets ground into human hamburger...(did I wite that out loud?). So here it is again for the feeble-minded who can't find the FAQ page: DON'T ASK ME FOR MARKINGS DETAILS FOR YOUR VEHICLE OR MODEL, I DIDN'T HAVE THE TIME TO NURSE THE CHRONICALLY STUPID WHO HAVE ANNOYED ME TO THE EXTENT THAT I NOW REFUSE TO HELP ANYONE. SORRY. I'm sure there is many a person who will suffer for others stupidity but there it is, I have either the time to work on material for this web site or to research answers for a select few...I will always choose to work for the good of the greater number...that's you readers out there (both of you!).
http://www.armouredacorn.com/

Pity as Barry is a great guy and has done some extraordinary work (in both internet and book form) for those that have an interest in Mil vehs whether they be full size and running or much smaller and plastic.

I really wish people would realize that they are owed absolutely nothing by anyone. They can only earn others respect and co-operation.

Keep up the good work, Barry. Some of us appreciate your efforts.

regards
Darrell
Old 13-10-07, 07:29
M38A1 CDN3

Good Grief...where did all that originate from?

Was the original post that was so offensive posted on this Forum?

We're not doing a flashback to Big Mikey, are we?...or is this a "no names, no pack-drill" thing?

Shame to see that someone who has, obviously, a lot of historical talent and knowledge, wishing to share that knowledge in an altruistic fashion, should be put off by someone who seemingly is somewhat obtuse.

Pity.

Old 16-10-07, 17:34

Hi Jon

No, I have no indication/suggestion that the one who caused this was from MLU.

I just quoted from Barry's site.

If the one who caused Barry's ire is from here.................thanks.

regards
Darrell
Old 16-10-07, 18:58
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Quote:
Originally posted by Darrell Zinck
If the one who caused Barry's ire is from here.................thanks.
I can't see anyone here being THAT dumb... they'd just make OUR lives miserable looking for answers!

I do get some dumb questions in email from time-to-time as well, but none ever snotty like that. So far, everyone I've ever dealt with in nine years of running this thing has been willing to take "no" or "I don't know" as an answer were that the case.

Jif