MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 05-11-07, 20:11
carrier mech

Default Dewat Cdn Bren mk1m/ British Sten mk2

Sometimes real life gets in the way of collecting, so here goes a couple to pay for a load of cement.

The Bren is a Canadian Inglis Bren mk1m. ** $old **

Second item is a British mk2 sten, also cock and click, and comes with one deactivated mag. Gun will cycle as semi only; change lever has been welded internally. There are on external welds visible. Price is $old pending funds

Available to Canadian buyers only. Message me through this forum if you have any questions.

Last edited by rob love; 06-11-07 at 16:04.
Old 05-11-07, 21:43
Dave Demorrow

i hate you
42 6LB GUN
and the list keeps growing, and growing.... i need help LOL
Old 05-11-07, 22:15
carrier mech

Hey, not my fault your side of the border has such inane rules. But don't worry, we have more than our share on this side too.

For those who are not familiar with the difference between the Canadian and US deactivated gun rules, here is a brief synopsis:
In the US, you cannot have the origional receiver on a deactivated Full Auto gun (unless the gun was registered before or during the 68 amnesty, in which case it can also be repaired) Generally, you will find solid receivers made out of aluminum with most of the other portions of the gun attached. Generally they are not even allowed to haxe a spring in the receiver to allow the simulation of cocking the gun.
Here in Canada, the receiver must be origional. A deactivated gun done to the US standard (the solid receiver) would qualify as a replica, and is illegal for import to Canada. Not only that, but a replica is a prohibited device, and must be locked up and transported as per the regulations for a restricted weapon. A dewat does not fall under any storeage or transportation regulations.

I could go on and on, but it would just drive us all nuts.
Old 05-11-07, 22:17
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Quote:
Originally posted by alleramilitaria
i hate you
S'alright mate, we hate you too...

Shame you can't see these, Rob's work is outstanding. Oh well....

Old 05-11-07, 22:22
carrier mech

Geoff
Of course he can see them. He just has to save up a bunch of his 92 cent US pesos and make the trip.

Of course, on the flip side, he can still buy a working bren or around $15000 or so and shoot it. Here in Canada, your options of shooting a Bren are getting smaller and smaller.
Old 05-11-07, 22:25
Dave Demorrow

the cut off was in the 80s, BUT you can still have one made if you are a dealer and have a dealers sample. but you cant sell it and you meus despose of it when you are finished. but there is no timeline to that. so people are becoming dealers and haveing MGs made for display or there own use.
42 6LB GUN
Old 05-11-07, 22:26
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Quote:
Originally posted by rob love
Of course, on the flip side, he can still buy a working bren or around $15000 or so and shoot it. Here in Canada, your options of shooting a Bren are getting smaller and smaller.
That's why I relish the rare opportunities we get to rub stuff like this in to our Yanqui brethren...
Old 05-11-07, 23:13
Dave Demorrow

or you can get a semi BREN for about 2200.00
dave
42 6LB GUN
Old 06-11-07, 01:47

Default Load of Cement Money

Rob,

If you really need money for a load of Cement, what about those two No.4 Enfields and another six pac of Longbranch Stens?

Anything for the cause...
Old 06-11-07, 02:24
carrier mech

Hey Brad....haven't you bought enough this year? One of these days your missus is going to go through your history files for the internet and see what you have been up to.

Your #4s are just waiting their paperwork. The sixpack thing could happen this month, but this week it's "panick cause the snow is about to fly week". Hoping to get the dividing wall up in the shop, and perhaps get the lighting and conduit installed so I can get the insulation guy to come spray the ceiling.
Old 09-11-07, 23:44
Derek Heuring

Quote:
Originally posted by alleramilitaria
the cut off was in the 80s, BUT you can still have one made if you are a dealer and have a dealers sample. but you cant sell it and you meus despose of it when you are finished. but there is no timeline to that. so people are becoming dealers and haveing MGs made for display or there own use.
Dave, Dave, Dave! Mein Gott! You don't have to be a dealer to purchase a full auto weapon. You just need to live in a full auto state, such as Texas, submit to a background check, fill out a lot of paperwork, and pay the $200.00 ($188.00 cdn) transfer tax. In fact, a lot of the MGs for sale are C.&R. certified, negating the need for an F.F.L. What you said is true for post dealer samples, not for original weapons. Yes, they are expensive, $5,650.00 for a Sten...$52,900.00 for an M2, but they are available.

Last edited by sapper740; 10-11-07 at 00:09.
Old 10-11-07, 00:06
Derek Heuring

Quote:
Originally posted by rob love
Geoff
Of course he can see them. He just has to save up a bunch of his 92 cent US pesos and make the trip.
I'll tell ya one thing, for years I've been getting ripped off by crooked merchants in B.C. always giving me 10%-15% less exchange for my U.S. dollars than the official rate, so, when I'm back in Vancouver next week those S.O.B.s can take my 92 cent US peso at PAR! Fair is fair, right!
Old 10-11-07, 04:36
David Gordon

What Dave was talking about with being licensed is a person with a Class III dealer's license can still purchase newly made full-auto weapons provided certain terms are met based on what you have in inventory or potentially need to have on hand for sales to military or law enforcement buyers. (Like the current US Army is in the market for an individual to sell them Stens... but that is how the law is written ). You are limited to one of each model/variation but some post-ban dealer samples are only a few hundred dollars for full-autos.

Without the license you are limited to purchasing full-auto weapons that were produced before the May 1986 change in the law. Plenty out there but the prices have gone up considerably in the past 20 years.
'42 BSA M20 Motorcycle
'43 BSA Folding Military Bicycle
'43 BSA M20 Motorcycle
'44 Orme-Evans Airborne Trailer No. 1 Mk. II
'44 Airborne 100-Gallon Water Bowser Trailer
'44 Ford T-16 Universal Carrier
'44 Jowett Cars 4.2-Inch Towed Mortar
'44 Daimler Scout Car Mark II
'45 Studebaker M29C Weasel
Old 10-11-07, 05:39
carrier mech

Quote:
Originally posted by sapper740
I'll tell ya one thing, for years I've been getting ripped off by crooked merchants in B.C. always giving me 10%-15% less exchange for my U.S. dollars than the official rate, so, when I'm back in Vancouver next week those S.O.B.s can take my 92 cent US peso at PAR! Fair is fair, right!
You better get up there quick. The way our dollar has been skyrocketing, you are going to need a wheelbarrow of US pesos to buy lunch. Man, the world has gone crazy. Even the expensive stuff on ebay is looking cheap now.

By the way, both guns are paid for and shipped. I hate having these "for sale" threads deleted. The conversation always takes so many interesting turns. Heck, the word Bren wasn't even mantioned in the last 4 or 5 posts, and that was what this thread was all about.
Old 11-11-07, 03:48
Dave Demorrow

like dave G. was saying i was talking about how some people are getting there full autos now. you can still get a STEN for about 500.00 if its a dealers gun. if not you are talking about 5000- 7000 for a sten, or a bren for about 800.00 for a DS or about 35,000.00 for a papered pre 86 version.
dave d.
42 6LB GUN