MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-08, 03:19

Default Progress... some

I had hoped to simply drop in the 235 that came with the truck but alas the thing was a tad tired and full of detritus.
I have learned that the 1953 is quite different from other 235's and even armed with that knowledge few others, read parts counter stabilisers, realise this no matter how many times you skeptically ask for reassurance that it is indeed the correct part. So it translates into quite a few trips back and forth and sometimes simply coming back empty-handed and doing without. Lifter and pushrods for instance... no one could tell me if the set from a later 235 would work so the originals were used because no one could source '53 parts.
I had to make the spray bar using fuel line as the original was broken. The colour isn't right comparing to the original 216 and the black is artistic license but my heart's in the right place...
So the engine is pretty much complete and I'm just waiting for a couple of gaskets... but the truck itself is another story. This weekend I should be able to tear into it with some gusto. She's a pretty sorry sight right now!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MACH 002.jpg (116.4 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg MACH 006.jpg (113.1 KB, 83 views)