MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 21-06-17, 17:55
Senior Forum Member

Default Census Numbers for the Motor Transport of 2nd Canadian Divisional Signals, Apr 1941

For those that have an interest in these things - the Motor Transport by type and census number of 2nd Canadian Divisional Signals, which appears as Appendix No. 14, to the War Diary of 2nd Canadian Divisional Signals “Canadian Army Overseas” (Serial No. 176), from 1 April 1941 to 30 April 1941 (Volume XX) while they were quartered at Mons Barracks, Aldershot, Hampshire, England.

(Source: LAC/RG24, C3, Vol. 14934, File: Headquarters, 2nd Canadian Divisional Signals, Royal Canadian Corps of Signals)

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
file-1 - Copy.jpg   file-2 - Copy.jpg   file-3 - Copy.jpg   file-4 - Copy.jpg  
Old 24-06-17, 11:44

Thanks for posting these Mark! For me personally the first page is very interesting as it gives very nice list of suitable census numbers for my C8.

I just wonder why the terms "servicable and unservicable" are used(?). I mean....is this a list of all vehicles they had in active use at the time....or only a list of the vehicles that were were put aside for a service/overhaul and/or replacement?

Interesting to see that all 8wt Wireless trucks are Chevrolets, while the Ford F8's are used in the "personnel" role. Also, interesting to see that there are two Morris Wireless trucks listed.

I wonder if similar lists still exist for other divisions.

regards,

Alex

Last edited by Alex van de Wetering; 24-06-17 at 11:49.
Old 24-06-17, 13:12
Junior Password Gnome

The list is going to be "All vehicles issued to the unit" and therefore accountable for, and their current state. The ones marked "unserviceable" will have faults and are probably in the workshops being repaired. Anything on the list not physically present when the census was taken has to be accounted for: as with the "Stolen and recovered, now at Borden" motorcycle.

Chris.