MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 20-02-16, 23:45

Default Morris C8 Radiator Cap

I am searching for a 1944 Morris C8 Radiator Cap which has the pressure assembly or the pressure assembly itself as I have the Cap. Unfortunately my Cap has no pressure assembly.t has
Old 21-02-16, 09:12

Default pressure assembly

Hello,

Can you put some pictures up showing your cap, and the inside of the radiator neck. The pressure valve is in the radiator neck, looking into the neck there should be a casalated nut which holds the sleeve and spring in place. The bottom of the cap should have holes to allow the water to escape, but there isn't a valve in the cap.

john
Old 23-02-16, 10:02

hope the picture uploads, as you can see the cap is devoid of the pressure assembly which is what I am looking for.
Old 23-02-16, 10:10

hope the picture uploads, as you can see the cap is devoid of the pressure assembly which is what I am looking for. there is nothing in the neck.
Old 23-02-16, 18:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldavies View Post
hope the picture uploads, as you can see the cap is devoid of the pressure assembly which is what I am looking for. there is nothing in the neck.
Hi Paul,
Here is the scan from the manual that you sent me. The photo of the rad cap will not load. Are you saying the neck has nothing in it like the illustration?
Attached Thumbnails
MCC rad neck.jpg  

1943 Bedford QLD lorry - 1941 BSA WM20 m/cycle - 1943 Daimler Scout Car Mk2
Member of MVT, IMPS, MVG of NSW, KVE and AMVCS
KVE President & KVE News Editor
Old 23-02-16, 23:47

Yes that's right Richard, just the plain cap with no holes. There is also nothing in the neck of the radiator as someone has suggested I look for the pressure assembly, I am trying to reduce the size of my photo's but don't seem to be having much luck. When the pressure releases the water must just come out of the top as there is no seal as such but there is no overflow or should the cap have holes?
Thanks for your help on this,
Paul
Old 23-02-16, 23:58

Quote:
Yes that's right Richard, just the plain cap with no holes. There is also nothing in the neck of the radiator as someone has suggested I look for the pressure assembly, I am trying to reduce the size of my photo's but don't seem to be having much luck. When the pressure releases the water must just come out of the top as there is no seal as such but there is no overflow or should the cap have holes?
Thanks for your help on this,
Paul
Paul,
It looks like you may be missing the castellated sealing ring which screws in the neck as well as the tube and spring.

Richard

Old 24-02-16, 06:25

Hope the pictures have uplifted
The cap is plain but the hole has some kind of spring as if I press down on the smallest inside diameter it bounces back up. Not sure about getting the thing out but I have put some release fluid on and will have a go tomorrow. This is some thing to work on at least. It may be just a matter of pulling the inside up and out?
Attached Thumbnails
cap hole.jpg   radiator cap.jpg  
Old 24-02-16, 09:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by John A. Rippingham View Post
Hello,

Can you put some pictures up showing your cap, and the inside of the radiator neck. The pressure valve is in the radiator neck, looking into the neck there should be a casalated nut which holds the sleeve and spring in place. The bottom of the cap should have holes to allow the water to escape, but there isn't a valve in the cap.

john
John I have the castellated nut(r/h or l/h thread?)and the sprung inner diameter but they don't want to budge. I have soaked them in release fluid and will have a go in the morning. No holes in cap, pictures on the main sales or wanted site.
Many thanks.
Paul
Old 28-02-16, 09:04

Hello paul,

Sorry for the slow reply, your neck looks right, I think its a right handed thread, with a bit of patience it should come out, the springs are on ebay, look under Bedford mw.
I'm pretty sure your cap the wrong one for a morris, it should be the same cap as the Bedford.

john
Old 28-02-16, 23:47

I got it all out, all I mean what was left. As the pictures show there's only the spring, sleeve and nut, Richard has found the assembly and hopefully will bring it over to Auss. Not sure on the cap though as it does fit but if it's not right then it will be back to the search.
Thanks for your help
Paul
Attached Thumbnails
inside radiator2.jpg   inside radiator.jpg  
Old 29-02-16, 01:38

Quote:
I got it all out, all I mean what was left. As the pictures show there's only the spring, sleeve and nut, Richard has found the assembly and hopefully will bring it over to Auss. Not sure on the cap though as it does fit but if it's not right then it will be back to the search.
Thanks for your help
Paul
Hi Paul,
The castellated ring should have a rubber seal on its face I think, remember seeing a new one for a Bedford. This seals on the top edge of the tube that you removed. Hopefully pick up the cap tomorrow as it was posted to me.
regards, Richard

Old 29-02-16, 09:56

Richard many thanks and let me know the price, interesting to see a complete unit as it's not hard to replicate. Still not sure on where the over pressure water goes but time will tell.
Again many thanks and have a safe journey,
Paul