MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > Auction and Classified Ad Site Heads Up

Notices

Old 23-01-19, 20:19

Default LSVW For Sale On GCSurplus

CFB Petawawa is getting rid of LSVW on GCSurplus. We have put 5 vehicles up for auction. The first one is already up for sale.

Bid Starting at 1000$ and will last 7 days.

Happy bidding everyone

Here is the link for the first vehicle:

https://www.gcsurplus.ca/mn-eng.cfm?...1&sf=ferm-clos
Old 24-01-19, 16:24

Emmanuel.sylvestre@forces.gc.ca

The first auction sale is missing information if you would like to view this first LSVW you can email me at this above address or contact me at 613-687-5511 Ext: 7112 between 9 am and 4 pm to arrange viewing.

Says 24 hours notice but I can make anything happen if you are interested.

This vehicle as a rare front cab A/C they are normally removed after they come back from oversea.
Old 24-01-19, 21:22

Second vehicle up for sale EO Tech MRT!
Old 04-02-19, 22:49

Thanks everyone for great response. There's one last vehicle left on the first set and we are waiting for paperwork to put the next 3 up for auction.

We are also looking do a bulk for scrap ''as is" around 20 vehicles to clear the first compound and get it organized. There is plenty LSVW left to go around different variant.

I am able to find some history on the particular vehicle we are selling.

Future reports on GCSurplus will have details fixed and pictures fixed. Sorry for those who were unable to reach me last week I was sick.

Keep it up

Cpl Sylvestre
Old 05-02-19, 08:27
Dave Good

So will we be able to part out the scrap units ??
Old 05-02-19, 19:02

They will be sold as unit but will most likely show as scrap metal on GCSurplus. It's just the way military as to dispose of them. Valcartier sold a lot of 100 in 2017. We are starting in a smaller scale to clear our compound and reorganize.

Basicly it will either be sold all 20 at the time which I think is the plan and the winning bid will take all the vehicles with them.
Old 06-02-19, 00:51
Terry Warner

There was a big sell off in Valcartier that included stringent conditions about certifying the vehicles were shredded. The buyer had a specific number of days to remove the bid, and had to provide certificates for hazardous materials etc. Not conditions that helped collectors.

For what it's worth, I'd like to buy a vinyl tarp from whoever buys an LS in Eastern Ontario. I have one for my M151A2 but it has several abrasion holes.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!
Old 08-02-19, 00:12
carrier mech

Kind of a shame the non-roadworthy/non-repairable ones are not sold in such a way that they could be cannibalized, and the remaining frames/cab, residue could be destroyed under witness of either CADC or DND. There will be hundreds of these vehicles in Cdn civilian hands (although the plan now is to retain both the LSVW and the HLVW until 2025) and there are no real sources of spare parts for them. If these were sold individually or in smaller lots of 2 or 3 strictly for salvage, I suspect they could fetch much better than scrap prices.

This would be better for the collector market, as well as for the DND.
Old 16-04-19, 19:18

Default 3 LSVWs on GCSurplus

Here are the 3 LSVWs we have currently up on GCSurplus sorry for the delay it took some time to get back online.

We have 2 waves (10) Scrap LSVWs coming up than 5 more good LSVWs and there is some runners in that batch of 5. I was able to confirm that.

Last edited by emmanuel sylvestre; 06-01-20 at 20:35.
Old 16-04-19, 20:20

we are selling some of them in lots of 10 but its a matter of time and space atm.

we do not have the room to park the new vehicles and the process involved to sell these vehicles is taking a long time.

Take a shot a these 20 LSVW coming shortly the bid will be starting off at 5000$ for 10 of them. Some are just missing too much parts to bother selling as a repairable vehicle but with 2 or 3 of them you could make a good one.

Most are missing like master cylinder, radiator, flat tire, batteries, coolant expansion res cap, starter/alternator.

But it's a hit and miss.
Old 17-04-19, 00:46
Terry Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuel sylvestre View Post
we are selling some of them in lots of 10 but its a matter of time and space atm.

we do not have the room to park the new vehicles and the process involved to sell these vehicles is taking a long time.

Take a shot a these 20 LSVW coming shortly the bid will be starting off at 5000$ for 10 of them. Some are just missing too much parts to bother selling as a repairable vehicle but with 2 or 3 of them you could make a good one.

Most are missing like master cylinder, radiator, flat tire, batteries, coolant expansion res cap, starter/alternator.

But it's a hit and miss.
What are the conditions of sale likely to be? Scrap with no parts harvesting, and 100% proof of shredding>

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!
Old 17-04-19, 05:40

Terry I just looked at the conditions of sale on the first of them, you get an ownership with these them.

The process is you pay for the vehicle, but before collection you must go register it provincially, unfit, into your name using the provided DND source paperwork.

Once you do that and prove it to the sales office stated you get a release and can go collect it.

That is how it worked for my snow mobile and I was very happy with it and it is simple and clean, its all done and no goofy licensing issues.

It cleans things up a whole lot.

Home of the Maple Leaf Adapter
2 Canadian Mk1 Ferrets
Kawasaki KLR250 CFR 95-10908 ex PPCLI
Canadair CL70 CFR 58-91588
Armstrong MT500 serial CFR 86-78530
Two Canam 250s
Land Rover S3 Commanders Caravan Carawagon 16 GN 07
Trailer Cargo 3/4 T 2WHD 38 GJ 62
Old 17-04-19, 20:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by maple_leaf_eh View Post
What are the conditions of sale likely to be? Scrap with no parts harvesting, and 100% proof of shredding>
This is GCSurplus wording atm these are bought as is. There are no condition of shredding on these.

Once you acquire them they are yours, I believe like I said in an earlier post that with a lot of 10 you could possibly make 2-3 serviceable trucks with 10 of them.

All the contacts are on the link

Old 18-04-19, 00:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by maple_leaf_eh View Post

“The buyer will have to accept "contaminated scrap" as such: a combination of metal and non-metallic materials including an unspecified quantity of dirt, plastic and cardboard (ex: tires, rubber hoses, etc., that can be attached or not to the scrap metal parts).

The buyer will have to destroy the vehicles and provide a Certificate of Destruction for each unit. A document format will be provided by the Department of National Defence (DND)

Some pictures could have to be provided as proof and the site will have to be accessible to the DND employees so they can ensure the Crown that the vehicles are not resold whole or for parts.”
Old 18-04-19, 00:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuel sylvestre View Post
This is GCSurplus wording atm these are bought as is. There are no condition of shredding on these.

Once you acquire them they are yours, I believe like I said in an earlier post that with a lot of 10 you could possibly make 2-3 serviceable trucks with 10 of them.

All the contacts are on the link

The current listing is inconsistent with the notion a buyer could part out the vehicles for resale.

See my previous post, which is a portion of the full conditions.
Old 18-04-19, 02:47

WOW...tough crowd! Stop beating up Emmanuel or I am never going to get a G-Wagon!

John
Old 18-04-19, 03:03
carrier mech

Rookies....when the M151A2s were sold, I bought 30 of them from Shilo. I was in Winnipeg at the time. So for each one I would have to drive the 200kms to Shilo, hook an A-frame to a Jeep, and then tow it to Westbourne, MB, where I collected all 30 together. I would head out on a Saturday morning to Westbourne, and with the help of an old deuce HIAB, it would take me 4 hours to completely strip a jeep to the bare body. On a long day I could get 4 done, but usually I stopped at 3-1/2. I was in it for the long haul.

When they were all stripped, I had a massive pile of jeep tubs. A local guy with a flatbed picked up all 30 and took them to Mandak in Selkirk where the crown assets guys came out to watch them get cubed 4 at a time.

So only 10 LSVWs mean that you would only have to make 10 trips with a simple 14 foot long flatbed trailer. At minimum bid you would be paying $570 a truck. There are van bodies on many of them. The electronics, alternators, starters, drivetrain, tires, etc are all saleable. End of the day, you will have 10 frames and cabs to haul to the scrappers. If it's anything like the Jeeps I bought, most will have full tanks of diesel to help defray the costs of moving them.

Trust me, as I have been with the LSVW fleet from it's introduction: the fools that buy these things are going to need parts. One only has to ask superdave about this: with his LSVW many people who meet him think he is just a pair of feet sticking out from under one of these lemons.
Sorry Dave...had to do it.
Attached Thumbnails
superdave.jpg  

Last edited by rob love; 18-04-19 at 03:10.
Old 18-04-19, 04:25

Dave ? Is it you Dave under that truck ?
94 LSVW
Old 18-04-19, 05:32
carrier mech

Yep, the one and only. Luckily for him he has the van body as well as lots of compartments to hold the necessary tools and spares. If you own an LSVW, you may as well carry every tool you own in the truck.....you are going to need them. When all else fails, the small can of gas (seen in the photo below) and the supplied match are there for a purpose.

Most guys, on meeting Dave in this manner, think the call-sign on the door is actually his boot size.
Attached Thumbnails
superdave2.jpg  
Old 18-04-19, 16:29

Default Dave, it's SuperDave!

SuperDave has also driven that LSVW more kilometers already than most ever did in their service life.
Old 18-04-19, 17:51

Here is the second wave of 10 scrap vehicles for sale: https://www.gcsurplus.ca/mn-eng.cfm?...1&sf=ferm-clos

again there is formality and confusion but you are more than welcome to call my supervisor for clarification.

If you are buying these to fix your current fleet of LSVW or to make one functional LSVW there shouldn't be issues with having to physically destroy them for scrap.
Old 18-04-19, 18:18
carrier mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Moon View Post
SuperDave has also driven that LSVW more kilometers already than most ever did in their service life.
Harry
I do know that, and he has my respect. Just ribbing him a little. He is truly a sucker for punishment.

Shame these trucks are so far away from him.

Edited to add: He has not responded to my good nature ribbing. Anybody want to bet he is busy fixing his LSVW?

Last edited by rob love; 18-04-19 at 20:49.
Old 24-04-19, 18:56

Coming up soon 5 Good LSVW for auction there are 3 runners in this lot. I personally boosted them 2 still have batteries and I moved them around. One with broken windshield and N/S brakes I drove from RCD unit to the compound. It's in pretty good shape, lots of new parts on it.

Also might have an odd sale coming up soon. It's a unicorn or half of one but we are figuring out the details. This will peek the interest of many buyers. More to follow on this as we are not ready to give out the info yet. I will put out details soon as I have them

Don't be shy to call and come visit the vehicles if you are local to Petawawa. I don't have my voicemail setup yet but my work phone is 613-687-5511 Ext:7475. I'm mostly moving vehicles in the compound but I'm also in the office updating files and pictures.
Old 23-05-19, 13:22

1st vehicle up on GCSurplus last 4 will be coming up shortly.

Here is the link: https://www.gcsurplus.ca/mn-eng.cfm?...1&sf=ferm-clos

There is a very good one in this lot, CFR 98113 lots of brand new parts and is a runner as batteries I drove it from RCD to Kandahar compound.

Also we might be looking at divesting MLVW sooner than expected and simultaneously with the LSVW sales. Starting with scrap ones most likely and we have a bunch of good ones all runners with batteries and fluids all kept in.

We do not sell any parts just vehicles, as parts are still been used on current in service vehicle.
Old 18-06-19, 17:51

5xLSVW Good Auction on GCSurplus Happy Bidding

Type *Western* to find them
Old 25-10-19, 02:40

sorry to jump in here, new to the board...and having a hard time tracking down rims for my new trailer

does the lsvw share the same bolt pattern for the 11/4 trailer it would pull
6 x 6.5... i am looking for a rim for a spare

thanks guys
Old 25-10-19, 05:13
carrier mech

The trailer and truck share the same rim/tire. There are two versions of the rim available.
Old 26-10-19, 20:10

thanks rob
what are the 2 versions ?
Old 26-10-19, 20:55

See this thread for the two versions...
http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/sh...ght=lsvw+wheel
Old 31-10-19, 00:48

thanks wayne